Page 589 of 659 FirstFirst ... 89489539579582583584585586587588589590591592593594595596599639 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Think we’ll be outside top four to be honest. Injuries or not. It’s gone a bit stale and needs freshening up. Konate as the only signing ? Cheap cunts
    That's interesting. I take it City, Chelsea, Man United and one other finish above us in your scenario? Who steps up - Leicester?

I don't think we win the League next year. However, when you bear in mind how ridiculously unlucky we were with injuries at the back (which weakened midfield too by putting Fabinho back there) and how off-form both Mane and Firmino were, yet still conceded "just" 10 more than City and scored "just" 15 less then I'm not hitting the panic button, just yet.

That's not to say we should "settle" for that of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Think we’ll be outside top four to be honest. Injuries or not. It’s gone a bit stale and needs freshening up. Konate as the only signing ? Cheap cunts
    Think we are comfortably 4th best as things stand. I’d take 2 top quality signings to make us competitive in league. A midfielder and a forward of real quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That's interesting. I take it City, Chelsea, Man United and one other finish above us in your scenario? Who steps up - Leicester?

I don't think we win the League next year. However, when you bear in mind how ridiculously unlucky we were with injuries at the back (which weakened midfield too by putting Fabinho back there) and how off-form both Mane and Firmino were, yet still conceded "just" 10 more than City and scored "just" 15 less then I'm not hitting the panic button, just yet.

That's not to say we should "settle" for that of course.
    Don’t think we should be settling for a top four finish. Don’t want to become another Arsenal. Tasting success makes you want more. That’s should be the owners mentality.

We have players returning from injury, but as I mentioned before, there’s always a risk with players returning from long spells out. Risk of recurring injuries and losing a yard or two.

What failed us last season wasn’t luck with injuries, it was our front players not having any sense of what a target looks like. The midfield was often devoid of ideas and the play seemed predictable.

A midfield maestro than can change it up, a gerrard/coutinho player. Someone that can create a chance from nothing. We’re now looking at loaning Elliot out to Fulham, so I’m hoping further quality additions will be added. Not that he was the solution but loaning him out again, to the championship isn’t a decent move for him, or us.

Leicester have made some good acquisitions. Everton with Rafa is always a risk. They’ve got some decent players.

Thiago and Jota were signed much later than the 23rd July last summer iirc.

Plenty of time for negotiations to take place.
    Maybe around page 700

The guy in the commentary saying Keita could be a decent replacement for Wijnaldum. If we’re going down that road, it’s a hell of a gamble.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

So far this transfer window has exactly the same familiar feel that we've come to expect in all the previous summers.

We make a big signing then struggle to sell the dross, then loan out the dross instead. Then maybe make a couple more signings later on. FSG are pretty consistent to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    So far this transfer window has exactly the same familiar feel that we've come to expect in all the previous summers.

We make a big signing then struggle to sell the dross, then loan out the dross instead. Then maybe make a couple more signings later on. FSG are pretty consistently shite to be fair.
    Corrected that for you.

@RyanTaylorSport

Harry Wilson close to joining #Fulham in deal worth a reported £10m. Great move for all parties: Liverpool receive respectable fee, #FFC land a fine talent whose value could easily double & player finally gets to settle & kick on in a team that suits his qualities

Need another couple in at least
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    The guy in the commentary saying Keita could be a decent replacement for Wijnaldum. If we’re going down that road, it’s a hell of a gamble.
    What's he been taking?
    Keita could be shit hot in pre-season, but it only matters when it's competitive, and we've yet to see him shine playing for us.