Page 593 of 659 FirstFirst ... 93493543583586587588589590591592593594595596597598599600603643 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    F F P - what the flick is that?
    STRICT F F P protocols - has UEFA considered this?
    Man City and PSG say "you're talking out your arse "🤣

If FFP was real, Barcelona wouldn’t be in such a state.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    F F P - what the flick is that?
    STRICT F F P protocols - has UEFA considered this?
    Oh there's no doubt there is a combination of incompetence and brown envelopes going on.

But clubs at Championship level definitely have to be seen to be at the very least attempting.to behave themselves.

Couldn't trust UEFA as far as we could throw them.

less than 20 days until the first game of the season. several players out and only 1 in so far.. I wonder what will happen?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    less than 20 days until the first game of the season. several players out and only 1 in so far.. I wonder what will happen?
    Who knows looks like most teams will buy late.

Our issue is we have some deadwood to shift with HG rules it might be why that weird Bowen link comes from.

Chelsea have signed nobody.
    Tottenham have brought in Gollini I think, which I think is a loan deal though would need to check.
    City have brought in Scott Carson on a free from Derby.
    Man United have purchased Sancho when they still need a top defensive midfielder and a top centre-forward that isn't 34-years old.

Still time to sell a couple and hopefully bring in a forward and a midfielder, as they're the 2 areas we should probably be prioritising. Fingers crossed we get them before August 31st but I'd rather wait and get the right player (like we had to do with Van Dijk) than bring just anyone for the sake of it if we were given a binary choice like that.

Players stay fit (Matip, Keita and Ox wouldn't be for sure) for most of the season, we have enough good players to challenge Man City.

P/S : Man United just extended OLE contract, they wouldn't be a thread for the next 3-4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Chelsea have signed nobody.
    Tottenham have brought in Gollini I think, which I think is a loan deal though would need to check.
    City have brought in Scott Carson on a free from Derby.
    Man United have purchased Sancho when they still need a top defensive midfielder and a top centre-forward that isn't 34-years old.

Still time to sell a couple and hopefully bring in a forward and a midfielder, as they're the 2 areas we should probably be prioritising. Fingers crossed we get them before August 31st but I'd rather wait and get the right player (like we had to do with Van Dijk) than bring just anyone for the sake of it if we were given a binary choice like that.
    Do Chelsea need anyone? they spent 100s of millions last summer.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Do Chelsea need anyone? they spent 100s of millions last summer.
    Depends who you ask I guess.

Imagine they'd be looking at quality in depth at goalkeeper and bringing a striker in due to Havertz and Werner not quite hitting the sort of level you'd want to win a League title.

They do have a serious squad though. It's actually really hilarious that Frank Lampard once said of them "this side isn't ready to compete" - Tuchel comes in and wins one of the "Majors" right away.

James Pearce@JamesPearceLFC

Xherdan Shaqiri likely to be the next outgoing from #LFC. Wants to leave and #LFC won't stand in his way if right offer is tabled. Looking for around £12m. Lazio/Napoli both keen. Liverpool's 12-month option means he's effectively under contract til 2023.