Page 594 of 659 FirstFirst ... 94494544584587588589590591592593594595596597598599600601604644 ... LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Shaqiri should do well with the less intense Italian game. He was never suited to playing week in week out in England

Would be a good move for Shaq

Meanwhile, it looks like the Mancs are getting close to signing Varane.

Quote Originally Posted by buck3y3nut View Post
    Meanwhile, it looks like the Mancs are getting close to signing Varane.
    I haven't been blown away with his performances for a little over a year now. He won't "flop" by any means and will be an upgrade on their other partners for Maguire, but I don't think it's remotely like us signing Van Dijk. The pace and physicality of Premier League players week-in, week-out will be an intriguing watch.

As for ourselves, one of our more "boring" financial concerns (they're all a bit dull really, but worth keeping an eye on) will be giving Wolves £12m for Jota this Summer. Though a Shaqiri sale would wipe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I haven't been blown away with his performances for a little over a year now. He won't "flop" by any means and will be an upgrade on their other partners for Maguire, but I don't think it's remotely like us signing Van Dijk. The pace and physicality of Premier League players week-in, week-out will be an intriguing watch.

As for ourselves, one of our more "boring" financial concerns (they're all a bit dull really, but worth keeping an eye on) will be giving Wolves £12m for Jota this Summer. Though a Shaqiri sale would wipe that.
    Im thinking the same about Varane. He'll definitely improve them no doubt but Real don't let players go who aren't past their best.
    Its the ambition from them thats irritating for us, they are building on the little that they've gained over the last year whereas we seem to be stagnating waiting for clubs to remove the shite from our squad before we can add some needed quality. This is the issue I and a few others on here have with FSG.
    It might change soon. I hope it does.

“Shite” is a tad strong don’t you think. Disappointments for whatever reason maybe?

Do something

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    “Shite” is a tad strong don’t you think. Disappointments for whatever reason maybe?
    Shite seems entirely appropriate, producing only one or two things over the course of any given season for several years and not even having the intelligence and ability to facilitate the rest of the team playing as it does as its best is shite in my book, I cut Ox some slack because when he has featured he has produced more than the shite and facilitated the team playing as it does at it's best, that is a good enough, potentially could be a lot better with a season free of injury squad player we should keep for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Possibly.

If he's talking about Naby Keita, then I would have to agree. He's up there with Joe Cole.