Page 604 of 659 FirstFirst ... 104504554594597598599600601602603604605606607608609610611614654 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

They are all fair points Sid. I don't see Grealish being a game changer for them. However it's the strike whilst the irons hot mantra that FSG haven't come anywhere near.
    Tsimikas, nothing player for me. Not getting anywhere near Robbo.
    Thiago will be much better, Jota I don't see him doing much.
    The Varane signing will be an interesting watch. I said a while back I just don't see Real letting both go and here we areso you might be right about the "do they know something we dont" point. He will improve them even if its just a bit and his CL experience could be a big factor.
    Yet again its the intent from them.
    We are only weeks away from the start of the season. I find it unusual and frustrating that we haven't brought anything in for the mid and attack.

Jota got 13 goals in 30 appearances (all comps) last season - his first with us. I'm quietly confident he'll have a good season.

As for why we haven't made signings, the homegrown quota has been an issue in that department. Hopefully a Shaqiri sale can prompt a transfer late in the window, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    So if we go into next season with one solitary centre back as our only signing who's confident we are challenging?
    Whilst our neighbours sign two players who will improve them probably quite a lot and the other shower of shit cunts table a 100m opening bid for a midfielder we are having to shift shit for around 12m to bring anyone else in.
    We need to replace Wijnaldum as a minimum, that's before Shaq is out the door. He's s player who should be replaced without a shadow of a doubt. Unless we are relying the likes of Jones to fill that void.
    We keep being linked with midfielders, plenty of Saul rumours today. If we go into next season without any other signings what does that say to is as fans and our rivals? It says FSG are fucking embarrassment that's what, aswell as not being serious about challenging for the majors.
    God help LFC when Klopp goes.
    We could, might or will challenge. We have Alisson Becker, Van Dijk, Trent, Mane, Salah, Fabinho in my eyes some of the biggest hitters in their positions. We then have Henderson, Robbo, Matip, Gomez who are in that level below the above mentioned (the good level, who sometimes deliver world class but I don't consider as high as the above) We then have the rest of the squad.

We have Anfield 19 home games, 57 pts on offer. We have Klopp and his management team. We have the travelling Kop. We are a emotional club if fans are back there will be a lot of emotion going around. Fans is a game changer we will all see.

City signing Grealish for 100m means shite to the title. They have 100 number 10's and he will be very good like all those others are. Each team plays each other twice. We don't play City 38 times. We play them twice. Let us handle them in those 2 and everyone else in the 2 games we play especially at home, The rest will look after itself.

Also transfer window is not shut, let us wait and see who is here 1 September. What the Joness(s) are doing is for them.

All of that is true yes but like I said if we don't bring anyone else in there's the reliance on those same stalwarts to go again. Atleast two maybe more of that group wont recapture their form. The law of averages says so.
    It's competition for places that keeps squads winning and clubs at the top, not bleeding the same group of players dry for the 4th season in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    All of that is true yes but like I said if we don't bring anyone else in there's the reliance on those same stalwarts to go again. Atleast two maybe more of that group wont recapture their form. The law of averages says so.
    It's competition for places that keeps squads winning and clubs at the top, not bleeding the same group of players dry for the 4th season in a row.
    Agree with you. But all i want is 50 000 Redmen going to Anfield every second week and believing and bringing that emotional response from the boys as Klopp and the boys recupricate with emotional football. A the end of last season it seemed like we were going back to some of the principals that served us so well in the past, high press and high octance football.

Stadiums have been empty for a season and a half almost. The best signing for Liverpool will be the Anfield faithful. Whether we win it or not I am anticipating a sweaty, raucous salivating Anfield. If the fans are Liverpool fans then it will be the season that I enjoy. Cant wait for Klopp clenching his fists, wave at teh crowd for more, running down the pitch.

Damn I miss real football!!!

Of course not, we wouldn’t want them to bankrupt the club ffs

“Borussia Monchengladbach and Germany midfielder Florian Neuhaus, 24, remains a target for Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, but the Reds will not be able to meet his price tag of around £34m. (Sport1 - in German)”

Jesus ternight …

“Senior sources at Liverpool are not dismissing links with West Ham's 24-year-old English forward Jarrod Bowen. (Star)”

We are waiting to near the end of the transfer window so hopefully other teams need to get in money and will sell their assets cheaper.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If the Grealish bid is accepted by Villa, then Guardiola will have spent £918m on transfers since he joined Man City in 2016.

Asked earlier in the window if they would be upgrading their attacking options, he said no, as they "could not afford them" - the multi-headed Hydra that is the Saudis, Man City and Guardiola is an absolute fucking joke.

Ask more fans Insidious and they will say they ain't bothered what other business teams are doing. Its the lack of us doing business thats the issue.
    Do you realize Klopp on his 6 years with us has spend nigh on hardly anything..the money for Van Djik and Allison came from the sale of Coutinho.
    The best manager we have had in the last 30 years has hardly been given any funds what so ever.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century