Page 605 of 659 FirstFirst ... 105505555595598599600601602603604605606607608609610611612615655 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    So if we go into next season with one solitary centre back as our only signing who's confident we are challenging?
    Whilst our neighbours sign two players who will improve them probably quite a lot and the other shower of shit cunts table a 100m opening bid for a midfielder we are having to shift shit for around 12m to bring anyone else in.
    We need to replace Wijnaldum as a minimum, that's before Shaq is out the door. He's s player who should be replaced without a shadow of a doubt. Unless we are relying the likes of Jones to fill that void.
    We keep being linked with midfielders, plenty of Saul rumours today. If we go into next season without any other signings what does that say to is as fans and our rivals? It says FSG are fucking embarrassment that's what, aswell as not being serious about challenging for the majors.
    God help LFC when Klopp goes.
    I'd be disappointed to put it mildly, should we not make any further signings.
    If we just added Konate it would be underwhelming for sure, but I wouldn't go raising the white flag if that transpires.

Cm and an attacker have been the rumoured links. If we added in those two positions I'd be happy with the window.

And our accounts for 19/20 showed our wages were at 66% of turnover, which isn't sustainable (55-60% is typically seen as more manageable/healthy) and also the £46 million pre-tax loss due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic - with things projected to be even worse in 2020/21, estimated eventual loss of £120 million in revenue is what's expected - which could be a figure that grows if new variants of COVID keep fans out of grounds.

I'd like Klopp to get the odd extra player here and there as needed, of course I would. But the main issue he had at Bayern was that he was unable to hold onto his star players, which is something we have changed via upping what we pay and offering bonuses related to winning competitions, not to mention the deals we offer are a good length, so with luck he'll be as appreciative of the ability to keep the tight-knit Nature of the squad as much as some others might be more focused on additions.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but given how out of hand the money has gotten in the game, I rather wish more owners were like ours - it's the likes of City's owners, PSG's owners, Real Madrid's etc that are the "real" cancer within the game, not FSG, flawed as they most certainly are.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    And our accounts for 19/20 showed our wages were at 66% of turnover, which isn't sustainable (55-60% is typically seen as more manageable/healthy) and also the £46 million pre-tax loss due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic - with things projected to be even worse in 2020/21, estimated eventual loss of £120 million in revenue is what's expected - which could be a figure that grows if new variants of COVID keep fans out of grounds.

I'd like Klopp to get the odd extra player here and there as needed, of course I would. But the main issue he had at Bayern was that he was unable to hold onto his star players, which is something we have changed via upping what we pay and offering bonuses related to winning competitions, not to mention the deals we offer are a good length, so with luck he'll be as appreciative of the ability to keep the tight-knit Nature of the squad as much as some others might be more focused on additions.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but given how out of hand the money has gotten in the game, I rather wish more owners were like ours - it's the likes of City's owners, PSG's owners, Real Madrid's etc that are the "real" cancer within the game, not FSG, flawed as they most certainly are.
    Where have you been reading the 2019/20 accounts ?
    From the bits I've seen here and there, there seems to be a bit of an issue with those reported accounts.
    Like TV money from that season doesnt appear in the revenue as those games were played later than the contracted period.

Meaning a portiom of the 19/20 income didn't appear in the 19/20 accounts.

He was at Dortmund not Bayern
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The pandemic cost a lot of income to a lot of clubs. But we should have money to get players in. Thats the issues I have.
    Its not like we are going to go bust or bankrupt with getting 2/3 more players. most of us agree on here. Our thin squad and injuries looks a worry.. start off the season in poorish form and we will struggle to compete for the league.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Turnover for the year ended 31 May 2020 was £489.9 million (2019: £533.0 million).
    Media revenue for the year ended 31 May 2020 was £201.6 million (2019: £260.8 million). The decrease in revenue
    related to the Premier League extending the 19/20 season to finish in July 2020 as a result of the global Covid-19
    pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Ask more fans Insidious and they will say they ain't bothered what other business teams are doing. Its the lack of us doing business thats the issue.
    Do you realize Klopp on his 6 years with us has spend nigh on hardly anything..the money for Van Djik and Allison came from the sale of Coutinho.
    The best manager we have had in the last 30 years has hardly been given any funds what so ever.
    This is precisely the point. And the better he does - the less he will get.

That is how we know their ambitions are purely monetary.

That way of thinking is not wrong but its like the world we live in. Money rules all unfortunately, we can operate frugally and sustainably etc but the issue with that is you eventually fade away into obscurity. Like Sega.
    You'll still be around but won't be winning things or being at the business end of anything.
    All of the ways people say they have invested -new stand,training ground etc were all just necessary things. All clubs who want to compete have to do it so FSG are not exclusive or special for doing so and the top and bottom of it is it comes from success on the pitch, that's where it starts. That's why we have a "name", a "brand".
    Money destroyed the game long before PSG,City and Real spent like they have. It just accelerated a few years ago. I wouldnt want us to be like those cunts. Shithouse clubs. What I would like is for this club to not be asking the same players for blood again without bringing some new players in to A) freshen things up and B) alleviate that burden not to mention just replacing like for like in Gini's case.

We might sign a couple more players which will change the way some of us are currently thinking, I'd be very shocked and extremely pissed off if we don't but rumours of needing to shift players who aren't going to bring in much anyway ( when we've already seemingly balanced the Konate fee) just don't fill me with confidence.
    FSG aren't the worst but they sure as fuck aren't the best either, ( I know you aren't suggesting that either btw).

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He was at Dortmund not Bayern
    Of course, an error typed in tiredness while I had a drink in me and was listening to an audiobook, easily done

I suspect I said Bayern (as opposed to Dortmund) due to thinking of the problem he would have had in the Bundesliga. As Dortmund manager Klopp often lost star players, often directly to Bayern (imagine us selling Van Dijk and Salah to Man City) whereas he has (comparatively/relatively speaking) "had it good" here in that we only sell a star player (during Klopp's tenure) when it suits us - we certainly reaped the rewards of the Coutinho sale and applied the funds wisely.

Speaking of wise use of funds, the sum of our sales of Academy players under Klopp is apparently £108.5m - if accurate, I'm very impressed with the work of Michael Edwards on that score in that we have managed to to recoup that kind of money from players we aren't using - our front three cost less than that! Indeed, Brewster alone cost Sheffield United almost a quarter of the sum total of our front three, which seems a madness when you compare their outputs.