Page 608 of 659 FirstFirst ... 108508558598601602603604605606607608609610611612613614615618658 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    What happened to all the ITKs?
    Miller keeps us up to date 🤣🤣

Schalke are so desperate to offload Ozan Kabak, they could even terminate the defender's contract this month.

Surprise he's had no takers from a team in the prem, he was o.k for us.

Maybe we could sign him on a free as a option upfront for a plan b?

Only difference between me and an ITK is that I don’t claim to be getting insider info from the woman who washes the kit.

Miller gets his transfer gossip from the dinner lady
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Not directly, the woman who she goes to Bingo with… I met her sister’s cleaner’s nephew in the queue at Aldi.

More proof if any were needed that Pep is a way better manager than Jurgen.
    It’s a totally level playing field, look how much we spent on Virgil and Alisson

“England captain Harry Kane will tell Tottenham he wants to join Manchester City when the 28-year-old holds talks with the club next week. (Telegraph - subscription required)”

“Aston Villa are ready to accept Manchester City's £100m bid for England midfielder Jack Grealish, 25. (Sky Sports)”

If those two transfers happen their first 11 won’t necessarily improve but their ability to rest players and cover injuries is just on a different level to any other club in the Prem and possibly Europe.
    Crazy.

250+millon right there a quarter of one billion on 2 players.. not to mention their wages.. bloody ridiculous
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well, there was the 19/20 season.

Only significant transfers for the first team were a goalkeeping reject from West Ham on a free transfer and a £7m Japanese player whose release clause we knew.

That was a lot less investment. In a pre-pandemic World. Fans were absolutely livid about it. I'd call that a worse window.

So naturally we did what all sides that have a poor window do and we won the League.

In all seriousness, let's see how the window pans out, then let's see how the season pans out.

Maybe we don't spend and have a disastrous season. Maybe we get someone in last-minute as clubs (particularly in France) absolutely brick themselves as they need money coming in and we get a bargain.

I'd love a midfielder and a forward, personally. We might get them, we might not - I'd lean towards the latter, which is admittedly frustrating.

But we can trust Klopp, can trust the strength-of-will of this group of players and we can trust that they'll be buoyed by having fans in the stadium who will be baying for victories having been unable to properly thank the team for the League win.

City and Chelsea will always invest as they are Oil-run, sports-washing twazzocks who have ruined the market for everyone else. As for Man United, I think Sancho is a good signing (but they needed a centre forward more for me) and I have my question marks over Varane, who I think will be "very good" but nothing like as transformative as Van Dijk was for us.

We may have had a low points total (by our standards) last season, but some of the sides that are investing big are doing so to catch up to the points total set by ourselves and City - mid-90s and higher, which wasn't the norm for years.

My advice would be don't despair. We have a side that will be hungry to prove that they're very competitive after a season where every imaginable problem was thrown at them. People fret about what can go wrong and they're allowed to - but it only takes a couple of things to go our way too for us to have a fun season.

There will be counter-attacking goals, fluidly worked tap-ins and top corner Worldies to enjoy and we still have one of the World's best football teams - don't torture yourself needlessly.
    It’s not just for now sid, teams are investing in the future. Our front 3 are ageing and we have a 30 year old Hendo and an OAP in the form of Milner. Ox and Keita aren’t really going to make it, injury and form has deemed them surplus.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Tbh even if everyone somehow stays fit and keita turns into prime kaka and we somehow win the league I still think they should be doing more to get this squad stronger.
    Oh don't get me wrong. I still want a midfielder and a forward myself and if it were up to me they'd be in.

Will be intriguing to see if we get the balance right. Some "aging" stars that aren't by any means "past it" yet, want to get ones in that have potential but are developed enough to help NOW (Jota was a "perfect" transfer in this sense to me) whilst also leaving enough opportunity for young/Academy lads to come through and actually get games, versus the likes of the City model.

There's certainly a happy medium to be had - I too feel that an "injection" would be good. With forwards for example, I'd love someone more developed than Elliott but maybe not quite at Jota level (yet) to arrive in place of Origi/Shaqiri but then does that hinder Elliott too much?

Same way part of me wants another centre-back given the injury records of some of ours, but I also would love to give Koumetio some minutes somewhere.

I certainly don't foresee a "boring" season for us - going to be a lot to analyse for fans, for better or worse.

I’ve seen more movement from Origi on a football pitch than us in the market at the moment.

Think Klopp and quite a few aging players could leave next summer, and another rebuild job commences... (due to the current lack of acitivity bollox)