Page 612 of 659 FirstFirst ... 112512562602605606607608609610611612613614615616617618619622 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

This is my biggest gripe. We have the best manager we have had in the last 30 years. he could be gone by the New year if he feels he can't take us any further. If we have a poor start that is.
    All it takes is 3/4 injuries and our squad looks weak.. Its not about paying 100s of millions in transfers. its about PAYING for some players..
    You can not rely on Keita/Oxlade Matip.. Henderson is starting to pick up injuries now.Milner is 35 and often misses weeks with hamstring strains.. I have my doubts over Thiago.
    We have a number 9 who doesnt score goals.. I think we need to be backing Klopp right now. Because when hes gone it could all go pear shaped again.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Of course we are all excited by potential transfers. But strange as it may seem , having trust in Klopps judgement I am equally excited in seeing a Keira as Klopp envisaged, a Thiago free from his bad injury and accustomed to premiership battle, a maturing Curtis and Harvey. A ready to take on all comers Virgil, a, hopefully, resurgent Joel and Joe. A give it all I’ve got Nat.
    Not to mention Mo, Sadio, Diogo, .
    Would I want Harry Kane , Jack Grealish and his ilk at Anfield….no thanks.
    I have no need to lighten up. Watching our lads training and mixing enlightens me all I need.
    We are ready to go……wait and see !

There you go again…..do you ever have even a faint glimmer of positivity in you, relating to football or life in general?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Probably should just shut down the forum in that case. Or definitely not bother with a transfer thread.
    Agree the squad looks strong in most positions. But it needs a midfielder and attacker and one or two moving on to be best primed for a title assault which is what we all want before united get back on the horse.
    Yes but who. We have brilliant midfielders trained and coached by Klopp some have been injured but this season is the test. Yes a striker but who, where would he play and who would be sacrificed. A great team ( as we have ) will always beat a great side.!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Ok sorry we dont need anyone in. lets move on
    I don't actually feel that way. I'd personally like two incoming players if possible - midfield and forward - am just looking at it from a numbers perspective and can see (some) logic in not seeking like-for-like.

In many ways it's actually Milner we need to "replace" in my view, assuming 21/22 is his last season. Having an almost-always-fit player who can fill almost any role and be 7/10 or higher in terms of performance basically every time is massive - I'd love a time machine so we could sign early-20s Milner. Even in 13/14 he came off the bench for City and we were overwhelmed for a spell prior to Coutinho's winner.

Liverpool have enquired about Sampdoria’s winger Mikkel Damsgaard. The Italian side will only sell if they receive an offer of £30M+.

[@SportMediaset]

Hopefully nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    This is my biggest gripe. We have the best manager we have had in the last 30 years. he could be gone by the New year if he feels he can't take us any further. If we have a poor start that is.
    All it takes is 3/4 injuries and our squad looks weak.. Its not about paying 100s of millions in transfers. its about PAYING for some players..
    You can not rely on Keita/Oxlade Matip.. Henderson is starting to pick up injuries now.Milner is 35 and often misses weeks with hamstring strains.. I have my doubts over Thiago.
    We have a number 9 who doesnt score goals.. I think we need to be backing Klopp right now. Because when hes gone it could all go pear shaped again.
    Boollocks. His squad is complete and fit, yes he may have liked an addition or two. why would he be gone by the New Year with his own squad? Christ ! If we Have a poor start it’s not down to failure to sign new players, on the contrary a poor start is generally attributed to new players not being embedded or injuries pre season to trusted and seasoned players.
    Paying of itself does not bring success. Would you really want the Primadonnas touted for wanting £300 k per week . Mbappe is a conundrum , brilliant player, could be integrated but only on a pay scale that didn’t rock the boat. I like him as , so far , he has kept has counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hopefully nonsense
    Depending on the business City do this window, the market could be absolutely ruined.

"Grealish costed this much so he did, therefore our player should cost this much, so he will".

Some transfers are just silly. Neymar was probably one of the worst for that, Pogba and Maguire were silly fees too - there have been a few "bar-raisers" that have only raised eyebrows really.

There hasn't been value in the market for a long time and I'd personally say we are one of a few clubs who have got value. The players we've oaid big fees for have been worth it for the most part.
    The season Mbappe and Neymar went for silly money was a big part but we've had Chelsea ( who probably started it all back in 04) and City paying stupid fees for years now going right back to the likes of Benjani,Robinho etc.