Page 616 of 659 FirstFirst ... 116516566606609610611612613614615616617618619620621622623626 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Your kind of reality maybe. Doesn’t mean your version of realism is anymore more real than Justme’s.
    It actually gets on my nerves far more reading posts written as if we’re at the game (rah rah rah get behind the team) or in a way that suggests the players read our posts before going out onto the pitch.

Uber fan bell whiffery if you ask me. If you don’t like something come on here and discuss it, it’s what the Forum is for.
    Differing opinions are what makes the place interesting.
    If you’re referring to my posts then please re-read them, don’t think there was any rah rah at all. You are choosing to view my posts through a prism that distorts my view in the hope of supporting yours. All well having an opinion but some on here don’t particularly have opinions just an all encompassing pessimistic viewpoint. I have said that I would welcome new signings but have faith in what we have currently got ie, at last a fully fit squad with a proper preseason almost completed.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Totally dead on here, says it all about the lack of transfer news.. Can't believe we are not even going to replace Wijnaldum.
    Crazy crap going on at our club.
    You're entitled to your opinion, justme, but you can't claim you haven't been seriously pessimistic or negative about the state of our club etc. I'm not saying you're the only one but I'm not imagining things either. We all know you want us to spend more money, but who doesn't want their club to spend more money?

Theres having an opinion and then theres being negative . I guess you get to decide which i am.. moving on. I think i will have a few days break. Because people are making up their own presumptions on me.
    Just because a regular chatter returns in an old name. He says numerous things about me.Including i should follow a team thats owned by oil rich barons. some others jump on his side. Taking his opinion has correct.. And im "negative"

Again Its not a matter of wanting 100s of millions of pounds/euros in players. Its a matter of adding to the squad with real quality.
    We don't need rich oil merchants for that.. We need the owners to invest in the playing staff. TAA got his contract fixed earlier. Because hes the youngest.. The other contracts will take longer because the players are knocking on 30. In fact. if the deals dont get sorted soon. we will lose the likes of Salah and Mane for NOTHING.
    This isn;t being negative this is being realistic...we are a very rich club to say we dont have the funds to buy players is nonsensical .

Anyway be back in a few days.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Theres having an opinion and then theres being negative . I guess you get to decide which i am.. moving on. I think i will have a few days break. Because people are making up their own presumptions on me.
    Just because a regular chatter returns in an old name. He says numerous things about me.Including i should follow a team thats owned by oil rich barons. some others jump on his side. Taking his opinion has correct.. And im "negative"

Again Its not a matter of wanting 100s of millions of pounds/euros in players. Its a matter of adding to the squad with real quality.
    We don't need rich oil merchants for that.. We need the owners to invest in the playing staff. TAA got his contract fixed earlier. Because hes the youngest.. The other contracts will take longer because the players are knocking on 30. In fact. if the deals dont get sorted soon. we will lose the likes of Salah and Mane for NOTHING.
    This isn;t being negative this is being realistic...we are a very rich club to say we dont have the funds to buy players is nonsensical .

Anyway be back in a few days.
    Enjoy your break and I’ll be the first to welcome you back. For the record There is only one me, I have been on the forum since feb 2008. I am the same person and have never appeared under any other guise. I’ve just been a bit bored the last couple of weeks and some of the negativity irked me. But let’s move on

I would suggest coming on the summer transfer thread everyday to complain about our lack of investment and foresight is a bit depressing when

a) we have made one excellent looking signing early on in the window

and

b) there is still time for further activity

One pattern you may have noticed is we do our business quietly and carefully - the complainers on here give the impression they would like the club to come out and say ‘we are going to spend big this summer. Money is no object. What’s important is we get our man and we are prepared to pay whatever it takes. Clubs of Europe and South America, take note’

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I would suggest coming on the summer transfer thread everyday to complain about our lack of investment and foresight is a bit depressing when

a) we have made one excellent looking signing early on in the window

and

b) there is still time for further activity

One pattern you may have noticed is we do our business quietly and carefully - the complainers on here give the impression they would like the club to come out and say ‘we are going to spend big this summer. Money is no object. What’s important is we get our man and we are prepared to pay whatever it takes. Clubs of Europe and South America, take note’
    So if we don't make any further signings are you confident we'll mount a challenge or win something?

Fabinho has signed a new long term contract.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Fabinho has signed a new long term contract.
    Yep, takes him up to the end of the 25/26 season I believe, which is fantastic news for us.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    So if we don't make any further signings are you confident we'll mount a challenge or win something?
    I'm fairly confident we'll challenge. It's hard to say from where I'm standing. I don't know how fit Van Djik is likely to be, for example.

One of the attitudes I disagree with on here is that we need constant renewal. Forumites will often say it's time to replace Mané, Salah or Firmino. That reflects a preference for how a squad is maintained. The reason I think it is likely to be irrelevant is because I don't think Klopp sees it that way. He loves working with the front three and wants to keep seeing them improve.

When you have world class players it is probably wise to be thankful for that - look at Barca and Messi, squeezing every last drop out of him. Real Madrid also keep using their galacticos.. how long has Benzema being playing for them? It amazes me how the Italian teams keep picking up aging stars and using them well. Our front three are actually quite young by those standards.

Anyway, the evidence I haven't seen yet is that Klopp wants more superstars but he's not allowed them. I suspect they are looking to make additions but, again, these are strange times to be making financial committments. The impression I have is that Klopp understands that and doesn't let it hold him back. If anyone on here is confident they know what we should be spending, please pipe up. I'd like to see Divock and Shaquiri replaced with exciting talent as their wages are not a good investment overall and I'd be disappointed if we didn't sign anyone. But I do think they are inclined to make sensible recruitment decisions and we do have a good squad as things stand. I'm also certain Klopp will have identified the weakest areas - that has already been proven this window.

I'm a big believer in strengthening when on top which would Make the others shit scarred of the Champions. Sadly we failed to do that last season.