Page 617 of 659 FirstFirst ... 117517567607610611612613614615616617618619620621622623624627 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm a big believer in strengthening when on top which would Make the others shit scarred of the Champions. Sadly we failed to do that last season.
    We did actually, Ian. Why can’t that be acknowledged?

We had a really bad injury crisis in a season where the stadiums were empty. Is it not possible that those things are hard to plan for in a faultless manner?

I'm a big believer in strengthening when on top which would Make the others shit scarred of the Champions. Sadly we failed to do that last season.
    Don’t think this is how it works with top managers and top class professionals, and we have both. Great if we can get another top striker but overall I’m pretty content with what we have, perhaps I’m too easily pleased. I can’t see Klopp being scared of any other team, respect them yes but scared…never.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Don’t think this is how it works with top managers and top class professionals, and we have both. Great if we can get another top striker but overall I’m pretty content with what we have, perhaps I’m too easily pleased. I can’t see Klopp being scared of any other team, respect them yes but scared…never.
    Worked well enough for United under Fergie

We got a Greek international as cover/rotation for Robertson and thus strengthened the defensive set-up.

We acquired a midfielder who has been part of Barcelona and Bayern Munich squads and thus strengthened the midfield set-up.

We acquired a Portuguese forward who partnered Ronaldo at the last Euro tournament there and thus strengthened our attacking set-up.

I know the injury crisis was a nightmare and some might have wanted "more" but to say we didn't strengthen is simply incorrect.

The Premier League will look to clamp down on soft penalties in the season ahead, while attackers are set to benefit from the scrapping of so-called ‘toenail’ offsides.

Welcome news for us, bad news for Fernandez, Kane, Sterling and Grealish

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Worked well enough for United under Fergie
    I actually meant the being scared bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We got a Greek international as cover/rotation for Robertson and thus strengthened the defensive set-up.

We acquired a midfielder who has been part of Barcelona and Bayern Munich squads and thus strengthened the midfield set-up.

We acquired a Portuguese forward who partnered Ronaldo at the last Euro tournament there and thus strengthened our attacking set-up.

I know the injury crisis was a nightmare and some might have wanted "more" but to say we didn't strengthen is simply incorrect.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    The Premier League will look to clamp down on soft penalties in the season ahead, while attackers are set to benefit from the scrapping of so-called ‘toenail’ offsides.

Welcome news for us, bad news for Fernandez, Kane, Sterling and Grealish
    Great if true….even better if actually implemented

On a separate note, worry not ye soothsayers and doom mongerers, I have self imposed a limit on my postings pre transfer window closure at 50. So I’m going to have to be really choosy with my replies….I trust that you will all help and not post anything toooo negative and if you do can you put a smiley on so I can relax and ignore it ����

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    On a separate note, worry not ye soothsayers and doom mongerers, I have self imposed a limit on my postings pre transfer window closure at 50. So I’m going to have to be really choosy with my replies….I trust that you will all help and not post anything toooo negative and if you do can you put a smiley on so I can relax and ignore it ����
    See I’m up to 39 now!! That last one shouldn’t count.
    See Steveo….life’s not fair
    Last edited by huyrob; 3rd August 2021 at 07:22 PM. Reason: My mistake