Page 620 of 659 FirstFirst ... 120520570610613614615616617618619620621622623624625626627630 ... LastLast
Results 6,191 to 6,200 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Any way you’ve taken away one of my remaining posts. Lol
    That’s the plan lol

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    If Wolves were to come back and offer £15 million for Origi I would take it. Realistically even £10 million is a bonus for a guy that played 180 minutes in the league last season
    I think we could accept £15m plus add-ons and sell on clauses, unless West Ham or someone show interest too.

Wolves fans seem more keen on signing a centre back, we might have a few of those knocking about, package deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I was thinking more about the winter transfer window were we went into the new year top of the league with major injuries and we never strengthened. We pissed about with midfielders at centrehalf and signed a couple of young defenders but ended up relying on a couple of reserve players to get us over the line.
    We were very lucky to get champions league .
    Ah I see. Yeah, the injury crisis issue was a nightmare.

However, it was January. So to be fair -

- How many clubs would be willing to sell centre-backs in January? Particularly ones that are good enough to genuinely improve us?
    - We acquired two centre-backs in the end.
    - One got injured right away, rotten luck.
    - We did ultimately finish high enough with players that Klopp trusts, so it's (thankfully) ended up being a non-issue and besides, had we won even 2 of the 6-in-a-row losses at Anfield, we would have finished second if I recall rightly (we finished 5 points behind Man United was it? So two wins would have done, if I have remembered correctly)
    - Had we indeed acquired more players in the January window, we would be having even more trouble with the selling aspect of our current transfer window as we would have at least one more space needing to be freed up. Or we could be stuck with not registering someone like Shaqiri and pouring £80,000 a week down the drain during a Pandemic, which, asides from anything else anyone might think about the owners, would be a baaaad look for a club in a working-class city.

Currently we're in the process of tying up what will be the core of the side to extended/bigger deals, so we are spending. I also (some will say this is too optimistic, that's fine) am of the belief that we are doing so in advance of getting a "star" or two next window (not Mbappe/Haaland level, but still good) as it will be easier to bring someone into an environment where our lads have had contracts negotiated, rather than bring someone in who is earning equal to/more than the players at the club who have really earned it over the last 2-5 seasons, though I could be super wrong on that score and it's a separate issue really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Thank you for the important information, sex and location?
    Yes please…..my house or yours ? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Ah I see. Yeah, the injury crisis issue was a nightmare.

However, it was January. So to be fair -

- How many clubs would be willing to sell centre-backs in January? Particularly ones that are good enough to genuinely improve us?
    - We acquired two centre-backs in the end.
    - One got injured right away, rotten luck.
    - We did ultimately finish high enough with players that Klopp trusts, so it's (thankfully) ended up being a non-issue and besides, had we won even 2 of the 6-in-a-row losses at Anfield, we would have finished second if I recall rightly (we finished 5 points behind Man United was it? So two wins would have done, if I have remembered correctly)
    - Had we indeed acquired more players in the January window, we would be having even more trouble with the selling aspect of our current transfer window as we would have at least one more space needing to be freed up. Or we could be stuck with not registering someone like Shaqiri and pouring £80,000 a week down the drain during a Pandemic, which, asides from anything else anyone might think about the owners, would be a baaaad look for a club in a working-class city.

Currently we're in the process of tying up what will be the core of the side to extended/bigger deals, so we are spending. I also (some will say this is too optimistic, that's fine) am of the belief that we are doing so in advance of getting a "star" or two next window (not Mbappe/Haaland level, but still good) as it will be easier to bring someone into an environment where our lads have had contracts negotiated, rather than bring someone in who is earning equal to/more than the players at the club who have really earned it over the last 2-5 seasons, though I could be super wrong on that score and it's a separate issue really.
    Out of interest, how long do you think Salah & Trent will be on the same wages ?

Salah would appear to be first up for a contract renewal of the front 3, I cant see him and Trent being in the same ballpark of wages for much longer.

Being reported Grealish on his way to the Etihad for a medical, £100m fee agreed.

Good job City don’t pay big fees for players eh?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Being reported Grealish on his way to the Etihad for a medical, £100m fee agreed.

Good job City don’t pay big fees for players eh?
    Cant afford a forward though. Life must be hard for them at the Etihad.

Utd have spent over £100m on Sancho and Varane, while City look like matching Chelsea’s £240m summer spend last season, on just 2 players.

But it’s ok though because we scraped enough cash together by flogging some kids and deadwood to buy a £34m CB.
    Nothing to see here ….

Totally

Level

Playing field.

“Chelsea £85m bid for Lukaku rejected.”

Jesus ternight. £240m last summer and may well end up spending £100m on one player.

It’s going to end up being an oil baron cartel. No way we can keep up with clubs spending money like this, it’s beyond a joke.

Villa fans: "Winning trophies at Man City is like losing your virginity to a prostitute”