Page 621 of 659 FirstFirst ... 121521571611614615616617618619620621622623624625626627628631 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Villa fans: "Winning trophies at Man City is like losing your virginity to a prostitute”
    I agree. It’s a Faustian bargain. The illusion of earning something. When we can’t get the girl the temptation looms large but it must be resisted if we want to come out of it with our soul intact

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Out of interest, how long do you think Salah & Trent will be on the same wages ?

Salah would appear to be first up for a contract renewal of the front 3, I cant see him and Trent being in the same ballpark of wages for much longer.
    Won't be long.

They may not be on the exact same, but it will be close. Comments suggested Trent is on a wage packet similar to Firmino now which is meant to be £180,000 per week. I imagine Salah will be bumped from £200,000 per week to £250,000 per week in terms of his flat rate but that's purely a shot in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    “Chelsea £85m bid for Lukaku rejected.”

Jesus ternight. £240m last summer and may well end up spending £100m on one player.

It’s going to end up being an oil baron cartel. No way we can keep up with clubs spending money like this, it’s beyond a joke.
    This won't be one that everyone will agree with but in terms of how highly I rate Klopp's ability to get the best out of him, part of me would still take Werner should Chelsea decide to shift him at a discounted cost at some stage.

Think a lot of it (goal-scoring) is about confidence with him and I'd trust Anfield fans to make him feel 10-feet tall, plus his movement off the ball is still bloody brilliant, as high-profile as his misses may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    This won't be one that everyone will agree with but in terms of how highly I rate Klopp's ability to get the best out of him, part of me would still take Werner should Chelsea decide to shift him at a discounted cost at some stage.

Think a lot of it (goal-scoring) is about confidence with him and I'd trust Anfield fans to make him feel 10-feet tall, plus his movement off the ball is still bloody brilliant, as high-profile as his misses may be.
    Still take him in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

I think he’d be a great addition.

Tying down contracts now. Alison has signed an extension till 2027. More good news

Aston Villa sign Danny Ings from Southampton

More $$ for FSG

Villa are spending the Captain Jack money straight away

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Utd have spent over £100m on Sancho and Varane, while City look like matching Chelsea’s £240m summer spend last season, on just 2 players.

But it’s ok though because we scraped enough cash together by flogging some kids and deadwood to buy a £34m CB.
    Nothing to see here ….

Totally

Level

Playing field.
    Yep it’s bleeding infuriating. Others spend whatever, while we’re scavenging in the bargin buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Tying down contracts now. Alison has signed an extension till 2027. More good news
    Alisson, Fabinho and Trent is good going - Elliott and Konate will be here until the end of 25/26 as well to compliment that, with more extensions expected yet.

It's the sort of thing that ties in well with the comments Lijnders made in 2019 about PSV.