Page 624 of 659 FirstFirst ... 124524574614617618619620621622623624625626627628629630631634 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Messi leaving Barca. Hmm
    Difficult task for Barca going forward.

Harry Kane's probably sweating tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Messi leaving Barca. Hmm
    Cheeky bid time.

30 bob with a bag of peanuts.

FSG get on it!

Oh, and if Barca are very very good this year, we'll also think about taking back Coutinho for 5 bob more, but only if they throw in Dembele.

EDIT : I've just been reminded that his contract was already up (hence all the fuss that all this kicked up when he refused to sign a new extension last summer), so we would be signing him on a free.

But those wages, tho.....
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 5th August 2021 at 07:25 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Maybe that’s our master plan after all. Don’t pay a transfer fee and pay the equivalent in wages for 1-2 years. Edwards you genius

There goes his City dream, up in smoke.

You know the ManSheikhster Shitty brass are now moving heaven and Earth to see if they can make a bid to bring him to the Shittyhad.

If they do pull it off, you'll have to really feel for Aguero who left for Barca to go play with Messi only to end up having Messi head to other way.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Sign him up eggy. Wages at 500k a week? He’ll probably head to PSG and deem if pogba doesn’t jump ship or China?
    I’m more worried about salah leaving to replace him

It’s bad when they couldn’t move any other big earners on so had to sacrifice the main man. Shitshow

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    There goes his City dream, up in smoke.

You know the ManSheikhster Shitty brass are now moving heaven and Earth to see if they can make a bid to bring him to the Shittyhad.

If they do pull it off, you'll have to really feel for Aguero who left for Barca to go play with Messi only to end up having Messi head to other way.
    Or he ends up at PSG, who view him as the answer to their Champion's League woes.

However, he sees Wijnaldum and dies on the spot from intense PTSD.

Or he ends up at PSG, who view him as the answer to their Champion's League woes.

However, he sees Wijnaldum and dies on the spot from intense PTSD.
    I don't see PSG signing him unless they're able to move Mbappe (who's still yet to sign an extension to his own contract).

Yes, the dream of pairing the two of them up front in a line-up is what most will envision, but if you're Mbappe, do you really want to play in the shadow of a Messi after all that's happened to those that tried before (with the exception of Suarez)?

But I've been known to be wrong before.

Ultimately I don't see Messi leaving Spain - and certainly not for a paycut in his wages - unless it's for a ready-made winning situation where he's just going to add to his medal collection and maybe help push them over the top in the Champions' League.

Which leaves City and PSG as the only two non-Spain destinations I would see him ending up.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

The footballer who cried wolf. Fuck off Lionel, it's boring now.

I could have seen him going to City but its just not Peps way to spend big.