Page 626 of 659 FirstFirst ... 126526576616619620621622623624625626627628629630631632633636 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Unfortunately City and Chelsea play in a league that only pays lip service to FFP.

Fair play to La Liga on even just one thing, which is standing firm on their own FFP rules even at the cost of hurting them overall as a league while they risk losing a major marketing force in the form of Messi.

If only other leagues were just as resolute.

In other...unrelated news....

Grealish just finished his signing for City for a British record fee of 100 Milion as they begin their summer 'Quarter-Billion' spending spree and look to lock up Kane too.
    Poor, skint Man City

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Poor, skint Man City
    "Modern football sometimes makes me sad. Why buy a striker for £50 million when there is one waiting in the youth team?" - Pep Guardiola, 2009.

Does Grealish going to City mean they might offload Foden? He is the only City player who I can just about stand the sight of and think he would be great at anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    "Modern football sometimes makes me sad. Why buy a striker for £50 million when there is one waiting in the youth team?" - Pep Guardiola, 2009.
    I got sent that quote in a WhatsApp today. Hes a full cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Does Grealish going to City mean they might offload Foden? He is the only City player who I can just about stand the sight of and think he would be great at anfield.
    No chance more likely to sell Silva and Mahrez

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I can't imagine the sports-washers releasing English players under any circumstances unless there are real difficulties behind the scenes.

£115m in wages over a 6-year spell for Grealish if "teh internetz" is to be believed.

That's a lot. City clearly determined to make English players unaffordable for all other English clubs, which "makes sense" given how they operate.

Fuck it. Will just have to "make" more of our own talent, via the Academy and buying English lads at 16-17 or so and turning them into wonderful players.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    No chance more likely to sell Silva and Mahrez
    I'd take Silva in a heartbeat. He'd be absolutely perfect fit for us. Runs all day and is excellent on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    £115m in wages over a 6-year spell for Grealish if "teh internetz" is to be believed.

That's a lot. City clearly determined to make English players unaffordable for all other English clubs, which "makes sense" given how they operate.

Fuck it. Will just have to "make" more of our own talent, via the Academy and buying English lads at 16-17 or so and turning them into wonderful players.
    It's the only way to do things properly. We can't match City/Chelsea on transfers and wages so we need to be clever about signings.

But this is a long term thing with varying payoffs. I'm not sure a lot of our fan base has that kind of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It's the only way to do things properly. We can't match City/Chelsea on transfers and wages so we need to be clever about signings.

But this is a long term thing with varying payoffs. I'm not sure a lot of our fan base has that kind of patience.
    Well they'll have to learn.

£100m transfer fee and £370,000 per week wages for a lad who has never played a Champion's League game is lunacy.