Page 627 of 659 FirstFirst ... 127527577617620621622623624625626627628629630631632633634637 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I'd take Silva in a heartbeat. He'd be absolutely perfect fit for us. Runs all day and is excellent on the ball.
    Yes but there is a lot of historic kryptonite between him and Liverpool. So it wouldn't happen.

It all makes sense now, messi is coming to liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well they'll have to learn.

£100m transfer fee and £370,000 per week wages for a lad who has never played a Champion's League game is lunacy.
    Its 120kpw more than when sterling joined city in 2015.
    Sterling had a solitary CL groupstages under his belt.

The transfer makes little sense to me in football terms, but the money isnt that surprising for mancity.

Like sterling, I await a reduction in wages when his first contract extension comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Does Grealish going to City mean they might offload Foden? He is the only City player who I can just about stand the sight of and think he would be great at anfield.
    I'd pass on foden.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I really see him leaving them if they sign up Messi.
    Maybe not this summer, but possibly next summer.

I also don't believe Real is as obvious a destination as most seem to believe - especially with Zidane now gone from there.

In many ways, all of this, and essentially the totality of this transfer window (including the Kane situation) all depend on what happens now with Messi.

I'll even go as far as to say that where he ends up will ultimately affect where Haaland chooses to go next next year.

Who could have imagined that at the beginning of the summer?
    Bales in his last year iirc, can see Halaand joining real next summer.

I can see this happen

after another 100mil to get Kane and Messi 500k weekly wages, UEFA FFP is taking action against Man City by another 30 mil Fine.

Well they'll have to learn.

£100m transfer fee and £370,000 per week wages for a lad who has never played a Champion's League game is lunacy.
    Yep. But that's them all over isn't it. Just another example of how they have absolutely destroyed any value in the transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'd pass on foden.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep. But that's them all over isn't it. Just another example of how they have absolutely destroyed any value in the transfer market.
    Absolutely.

It boggles the mind that so many fans of so many other clubs would rather Man City win the League over us. I "get it" if you're Man United, but I'm talking about the likes of mid-table sides etc.

Well good luck to them all - the distinctly average player you're after for £20m is now going to cost you £45m going forward so you're one step closer to ruin. Enjoy yourselves.

Sincerely, the market will be an absolute mess. I think we'll be seeing a lot more attempts at buying 16-18 year olds from clubs rather than waiting until they're 19-23 to have proven they're going to develop, as transfer mistakes are going to become even more (literally) costly to clubs.

Absolutely.

It boggles the mind that so many fans of so many other clubs would rather Man City win the League over us. I "get it" if you're Man United, but I'm talking about the likes of mid-table sides etc.

Well good luck to them all - the distinctly average player you're after for £20m is now going to cost you £45m going forward so you're one step closer to ruin. Enjoy yourselves.

Sincerely, the market will be an absolute mess. I think we'll be seeing a lot more attempts at buying 16-18 year olds from clubs rather than waiting until they're 19-23 to have proven they're going to develop, as transfer mistakes are going to become even more (literally) costly to clubs.
    It dosent boggle the mind at all IMO. Most of those clubs are city before the win the lottery. Now they’ve broken into the cartel ( us,united,etc). Most clubs detest the fact that we think we’ve a god given right to be successful just because we were successful before.