Page 636 of 659 FirstFirst ... 136536586626629630631632633634635636637638639640641642643646 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Lukaku has cost almost 280m cumulative. Cant think of another player close to that. Crazy money.
    For clubs that can afford it (utd, chelsea, inter (chinese money)), he's good value to score a lot of ordinary goals against smaller teams. Still a flat track bully imo, in the 6 pointers in PL, in CL and internationally in the latter stages it doesnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Would you have wanted us to spend £97.5m on Lukaku?
    No but I'd like to make some signings like leicester have

Oh wait we can't even do that

There's not many "top" strikers out there, so I guess that's why, although they could of got Arry'!

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    No, but I’d certainly be putting in a bid for Werner if it did go through.

Think he’d offer far more than Bobby does.

Chelsea fans will disagree with that bit.
    He misses far too many chances that he could/should be scoring, and his lack of clinicalness (is that a word? it is now) in front of goal is a large reason for which they are going for Lukaku now.

It's also doubtful Chelsea would let him go for anything that FSG would be willing to pay or would bid for.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    No but I'd like to make some signings like leicester have

Oh wait we can't even do that

There's not many "top" strikers out there, so I guess that's why, although they could of got Arry'!
    Well, we've just raised Alisson's weekly wage from about £90,000 per-week to £150,000 per-week.

Then we've also raised Trent's wage from about £40,000 per-week to an estimated £180,000 per-week*

Then we've also extended Fabinho's contract and have likely upped his wages of about £100,00 per-week to who-knows-what. For talk's sake we'll say £140,000 - just for the sake of example.

If (and it's a huge if) those figures are roughly right, then we're talking about an added £240,000 per-week being added onto the wage bill, just from those three renewals - with more due. That's equivalent to adding two £120,000 per-week players, if you like. People will (rightly) highlight that Wijnaldum came off the wage bill, but he was "only" (how the other half live!) on £75,000 per-week, so we are still talking about £165,000 per-week being added to the payroll, purely in the interest of keeping players. Then Konate is thought to have approximately £70,000 per-week as his basic wage as well, so we'll (guesstimation, admittedly) call that a £235,000 net increase on the wage bill. So that's another £12,220,000 we are "spending" this Summer, even though it isn't on transfer fees. It's not massive compared to what City/Chelsea/PSG are up to, but we shouldn't ignore it.

*This estimate comes from media comments about a "bracket" of players that Trent is now in, which included Firmino's name and the other names mentioned earn more, so I have gone with Firmino's. To be fair, I don't have a figure, so the estimate is subject to critique, which is absolutely fine*
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well, we've just raised Alisson's weekly wage from about £90,000 per-week to £150,000 per-week.

Then we've also raised Trent's wage from about £40,000 per-week to an estimated £180,000 per-week*

Then we've also extended Fabinho's contract and have likely upped his wages of about £100,00 per-week to who-knows-what. For talk's sake we'll say £140,000 - just for the sake of example.

If (and it's a huge if) those figures are roughly right, then we're talking about an added £240,000 per-week being added onto the wage bill, just from those three renewals - with more due. That's equivalent to adding two £120,000 per-week players, if you like. People will (rightly) highlight that Wijnaldum came off the wage bill, but he was "only" (how the other half live!) on £75,000 per-week, so we are still talking about £165,000 per-week being added to the payroll, purely in the interest of keeping players. Then Konate is thought to have approximately £70,000 per-week as his basic wage as well, so we'll (guesstimation, admittedly) call that a £235,000 net increase on the wage bill. So that's another £12,220,000 we are "spending" this Summer, even though it isn't on transfer fees. It's not massive compared to what City/Chelsea/PSG are up to, but we shouldn't ignore it.

*This estimate comes from media comments about a "bracket" of players that Trent is now in, which included Firmino's name and the other names mentioned earn more, so I have gone with Firmino's. To be fair, I don't have a figure, so the estimate is subject to critique, which is absolutely fine*
    How many transfers have actually happened in this mega thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Chelsea fans will disagree with that bit.
    He misses far too many chances that he could/should be scoring, and his lack of clinicalness (is that a word? it is now) in front of goal is a large reason for which they are going for Lukaku now.

It's also doubtful Chelsea would let him go for anything that FSG would be willing to pay or would bid for.
    But at least he’s in the positions to have an attempt.

Still the same player that was banging them in the year before he went to Chelsea so I’d guess last season was a confidence blip

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    That's a very complicated question - you'd have to factor in Brendan's purple book, Nineteenx's mirror, Jasper Carrot and the fast improvement of Alberto Aquilani, all whilst praying that Lucas Leiva doesn't give a free-kick away just outside the box, to begin to scratch the surface of that question.

Sincerely though, at senior level, if it started in February 2020, it would be.....Jota, Thiago, Tsimikas, Konate?

So that's 159 pages per transfer. Which is far too many. FSG will be working at getting the post count down as we speak.

You don't think some of the players out have covered contract bumpers a bit?

you're making it out that FSG are actually spending money haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You don't think some of the players out have covered contract bumpers a bit?

you're making it out that FSG are actually spending money haha.
    Well, we bought Konate.

FSG have been pretty open from the start with how they operate. What we generate is reinvested. They don't skim off the top, but they don't artificially inject us either. There are certainly question-marks about the post-Klopp world, but we still have 3 more seasons of him to enjoy and having gone through a fair amount of loss over the years I'm keen to try and just enjoy the good times while they last, though can appreciate that's not for everyone.