Page 639 of 659 FirstFirst ... 139539589629632633634635636637638639640641642643644645646649 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    No they werent allowed into ESL.

Well PSG are throwing money in like City and they get round FFP with good lawyers and BS accounts.

People with money ALWAYS find loopholes/grease palms.
    It doesn't help that clubs are now owned by actual countries ,And very very rich ones at that !!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think the tail of the snake is very much in its' own jaws as we speak to be fair. More people are drifting away from the game, or aren't far off it - or even just those who change allegiances.

Remember that group of Arsenal fans? They worked out that seeing Dortmund (including booking travel and accommodation in advance) was going to be cheaper than seeing their own team at the price quoted at the time, so (don't know if they still do it) there was a decent number of fellas going from London to Germany to see games and make a trip of it, as opposed to going to the Emirates.

Can foresee a lot of people in certain age groups gravitating towards watching more grass-roots stuff.
    A lad who I work with has done that. Big Liverpool fan but the ESL power grab pissed him off and he's kind of lost interest in the prem. Just concentrates on his local side Hartlepool now, still keeps an eye on things but he's lost his enthusiasm for LFC a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Maybe FiFA should come in and make a transfer cap. any player cant be sold for over say 60 million?.
    Its bizarre a team can spend 250 million during a pandemic.. Lower the transfer fees.
    Then players get the extra. Or Mums, Dad's, Anties and Uncles ,Everybody's quids in !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Then players get the extra. Or Mums, Dad's, Anties and Uncles ,Everybody's quids in !!
    At least the money is going to the player/relatives rather than the Club. I doubt someone buying a player wants to give 30 million to hangers on
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

In fairness the wild spending tends to be oil clubs who can afford it £200m is no problem.

You always have the odd Leeds/Barca but if you spend more than you bring in then you are in trouble if you dont meet your targets.

I remember Mike Ashley saying Newcastle fans expect him to spend as much as a country he was right but they now want that Saudi in just cos he might win them a trophy.

Let that sink in you might as well say id be happy with Fred West or Jimmy Saville as long as we win.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    A lad who I work with has done that. Big Liverpool fan but the ESL power grab pissed him off and he's kind of lost interest in the prem. Just concentrates on his local side Hartlepool now, still keeps an eye on things but he's lost his enthusiasm for LFC a bit.
    That's why the likes of Spirt Of Shankly are so important. There could be a changing of the guard in regards of fans going to Anfield and it will take SOS to make sure things don't change too much. After all Anfield is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    At least the money is going to the player/relatives rather than the Club. I doubt someone buying a player wants to give 30 million to hangers on
    I don't think they want to pay footballers 100 grand a week + either but they have too if they want to compete.
    As Sid pointed out 1 million is nothing to the likes of City.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I remember Mike Ashley saying Newcastle fans expect him to spend as much as a country he was right but they now want that Saudi in just cos he might win them a trophy.

Let that sink in you might as well say id be happy with Fred West or Jimmy Saville as long as we win.
    It's a sad indictment, really is.

Plenty of them out there as well.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I don't think they want to pay footballers 100 grand a week + either but they have too if they want to compete.
    As Sid pointed out 1 million is nothing to the likes of City.
    Yep, theres always a get out of jail free, for those who are willing to just throw away 100s of millions and have no fear of losing it. Without Romans input at Chelsea.. the club would be nigh on 2 billion in debt. thats what the rest of football has to deal with.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Tottenham are prepared to consider selling England striker Harry Kane, 28, if Manchester City offer £120m plus another £20m in add-ons. (Star Sunday)

City are relying on Kane convincing Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to allow him to leave for the Premier League champions. (Sunday Mirror)