Page 641 of 659 FirstFirst ... 141541591631634635636637638639640641642643644645646647648651 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,410 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

So when they laugh and jeer at Barca - they should instead be thanking them for their naïveté in accidentally facilitating our successes.

I suppose we should be thankful to Man City for spending so much on Sterling too?

Give us a break, Steveo. At some point you will just have to accept that sales are a part of life and get over your one, concrete thought. I see Guardiola is using your logic to defend his own spending this summer - apparently they only actually spent £40 million on Grealish. Poor cash strapped things.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Chelsea fans will disagree with that bit.
    He misses far too many chances that he could/should be scoring, and his lack of clinicalness (is that a word? it is now) in front of goal is a large reason for which they are going for Lukaku now.

It's also doubtful Chelsea would let him go for anything that FSG would be willing to pay or would bid for.
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    But at least he’s in the positions to have an attempt.

Still the same player that was banging them in the year before he went to Chelsea so I’d guess last season was a confidence blip
    Lots of players take time to settle in, don't forget. First season syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Werner?

Really rate him. Think he'd be dynamite in our set-up, especially with the confidence boost he would get scoring in front of the Kop. Only takes a couple of goals for some players and they can go through a confident spell. Cisse was like that.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Naby Kieta is taking the piss then !!

Lautaro Martinez is apparently going to Spurs for £60m.

That's an excellent signing for them if true, it must be said.

Inter seem to be having a fire sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Lautaro Martinez is apparently going to Spurs for £60m.

That's an excellent signing for them if true, it must be said.

Inter seem to be having a fire sale.
    Surely kane money though

Nice to see Lionel is so well appreciated at Barca. Been there since he was 13!
    Look at PSG's line-up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I suppose we should be thankful to Man City for spending so much on Sterling too?

Give us a break, Steveo. At some point you will just have to accept that sales are a part of life and get over your one, concrete thought. I see Guardiola is using your logic to defend his own spending this summer - apparently they only actually spent £40 million on Grealish. Poor cash strapped things.
    Yawn…another divorced sentence - when will you learn?

If that really is all you can glean from it Taksin (which I don’t believe for a second) then I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Surely kane money though
    Oh absolutely. But Martinez is a fantastic player. He and Son could be fun to watch if they click - hopefully against City/Man United/Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yawn…another divorced sentence - when will you learn?

If that really is all you can glean from it Taksin (which I don’t believe for a second) then I rest my case.
    Yawn indeed. It’s one long complaint about our club on here these days.
    And then we are being told we need an education on how wonderful Barcelona are - apparently their near bankruptcy is a virtue and shows how great they are. Not only that you let your sycophancy slip just a little too far with these comments about the Coutinho money (fuckin yaaaaaaawwwwwn).
    I suppose it’s really the PSG Arabs who we should thank for buying Neymar, otherwise we wouldn’t have any excuse for imagining we are a decent club (those deluded fools amongst us)