Page 652 of 659 FirstFirst ... 152552602642645646647648649650651652653654655656657658659 LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Barnes is good. Out of our range though. He'd go for a fee similar or more than Ben White.
    Yeah you are right his price will be £50m plus.

He is a realistic target in terms of he would join us without doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah you are right his price will be £50m plus.

He is a realistic target in terms of he would join us without doubt.
    Absolutely, no brainer for him. I just don't see us paying that for anyone right now.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool and Lyon are a long way apart in their valuation of Xherdan Shaqiri, with the Reds wanting at least £12m for the 29-year-old Switzerland forward. (Liverpool Echo)
    Financial mess in the French League at the minute, PSG aside. Getting fees from clubs will be tricky.

Barnes is good. Out of our range though. He'd go for a fee similar or more than Ben White.
    And this is the entire issue with City and Chelsea paying the fees they do, it totally breaks the rest of the market. Lower and middling clubs see City pay mental money for Grealish so they immediately add a massive premium to any player worth even a look.

Barnes looks a decent player but I wouldn't want our club having it's eyes ripped out by paying £50m for him.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Financial mess in the French League at the minute, PSG aside. Getting fees from clubs will be tricky.
    Getting players from France should be easier though...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Getting players from France should be easier though...
    That's certainly true and there may well be a bit of a clamour from clubs at the end of the window, but we could do with some trimming ourselves.

Even ignoring things like our financial model or the home-grown quota issues or the Champion's League squad structure, we have players that are probably surplus to requirements, such as Origi, Shaqiri and Davies.

Then there's another cluster of players that could be on their way due to being injury-prone, or that little bit older, or just are a bit too far down the pecking order. You're looking at Phillips being 5th-choice, Milner being in his last year most likely, Ox and Keita fighting it out for the "regularly injured but valuable when available" role (surely we can't have two of those in midfield?) and although it won't happen immediately, we probably have one eye on getting a younger/more available centre-back in to replace Matip, though I think that's a problem for later.

Would be good to get one or two out before stressing on the "ins" side of it.

"Leicester City have submitted an opening offer worth up to £15 million for Southampton centre-back Jannik Vestergaard, The Athletic understands.

The bid has not yet been accepted by Southampton, who are believed to be holding out for a deal worth up to £18 million."

Wonder if Southampton bid for Phillips if he isn't off to Newcastle.

Phillips looked a very decent mid table Premier League CB last season. He’s English too, so surely worth £15-20m

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Total net spend:

Man City – £481.96million
    Man Utd – £422.5million
    Arsenal – £291.36million
    Chelsea – £246.39million
    Tottenham – £167.53million
    Liverpool – £144.38million

This is Net spending of each clubs since 2017-2021 excluding this season. With the success we have for the past 2-3 seasons, I only can say our owners are smart businessmen but not a good owners for us.
    Thought the bitters would be a lot higher than us on net spend

A lad from the championship most of us have never heard of. We really mean business.......
    Fuck me. Forgive me for not being excited.
    Bloody good job we managed to finish in the top 4. Not sure how we'd attract all this world class talent otherwise.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!