Page 653 of 659 FirstFirst ... 153553603643646647648649650651652653654655656657658659 LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Lyon should include Aouar as a swap deal with Shaqiri!

£30m for Ramsdale(?!?!?)

Have Arsenal gone absolutely mental?

If it gives Sheffield United funds to take a player off our hands I'm all for it, but bloody Hell!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Klopp says Liverpool don’t want to add to the squad numbers unless departures take place.

“It is summer and the transfer window is open, then everyone expects some player signings. We will see what happens,” he said to Norway’s TV2.

“You have to make changes from time to time, but then there must be room to do it. We do not want more players. If something happens somewhere, something can happen somewhere else, but it makes no sense to add more players.”

“Let’s go through the squad. Do you want to buy a new fullback? A new goalkeeper? We already have good players there…I’ve definitely forgotten someone… If you want to buy such players, you have to spend a lot of money. We do not have to do that, because the players are already here.

“We are a good football team, that’s all I know. I do not know who will be the best. But some clubs have the opportunity to join it, and we’re going to do ours to join the race for the league title.

“When you see what the other teams are doing on the transfer market, it is clear that they also have big ambitions. But we are still here and should do our best.”

turns out Klopp thinks like huyrob.. come to think of it, isn't it a bit odd that huyrob keeps quiet during the actual season?

Obviously been told he can't have anyone. Why would he not want to atleast replace Wijnaldum?

Apparently Leicester have offered Southampton £15 million for Jan nick Vestergaard. That's a brilliant deal for Leicester if it goes through. He's a decent player with International experience with Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Klopp says Liverpool don’t want to add to the squad numbers unless departures take place.

“It is summer and the transfer window is open, then everyone expects some player signings. We will see what happens,” he said to Norway’s TV2.

“You have to make changes from time to time, but then there must be room to do it. We do not want more players. If something happens somewhere, something can happen somewhere else, but it makes no sense to add more players.”

“Let’s go through the squad. Do you want to buy a new fullback? A new goalkeeper? We already have good players there…I’ve definitely forgotten someone… If you want to buy such players, you have to spend a lot of money. We do not have to do that, because the players are already here.

“We are a good football team, that’s all I know. I do not know who will be the best. But some clubs have the opportunity to join it, and we’re going to do ours to join the race for the league title.

“When you see what the other teams are doing on the transfer market, it is clear that they also have big ambitions. But we are still here and should do our best.”
    So anyone that gets a decent offer is out the door. That's the only way we're getting a new signing.
    Though does Ben Woodburn count as a new signing ? Apparently the coaches have been very impressed by him this pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Obviously been told he can't have anyone. Why would he not want to atleast replace Wijnaldum?
    Well, last season welost Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Gomez, Matip, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago & Jota to lengthy injuries all in one season, which, one would hope, is unlikely to happen again - there will be SOME injuries, but ALL of those again?

Also losing your three firstchoice centre-backs is pretty unprecedented in terms of luck/duration of injury.

Bearing in mind that despite the setbacks we were leading at Christmas (or near Christmas, can't remember exactly when) and were the best team in the league over the last 10 games, plus are going to have a less congested season, on the back of a proper pre-season, with -

Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Milner, Jones and seemingly the trial of Elliott as a midfielder -

- we perhaps feel it's a calculated gamble that we can afford - likely bringing in a midfielder at the end of the season when Milner departs and we've made a decision on one of Ox/Keita.

Would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Its probably a polite way of saying he wants Origi/Shaqiri gone which opens up foreign spaces for him.

Then he does see the younger players train each day he might think Clarkson Elliott are good enough ???

I'd like to think we will bring one in hopefully two.

Looks like Shaqiri is going now some are saying fee is low around £7m.

He is 30 and probably on big wages for the type of clubs linked.

Hope if he goes he does well at Lyon apart from against us.