Page 654 of 659 FirstFirst ... 154554604644647648649650651652653654655656657658659 LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Apparently Messi is on a meagre million a week at PSG.
    Good God!!
    How is a man supposed to survive on such a pittance?
    Have PSG no shame shelling out such meagre crumbs and expecting him to have some quality of life?

The sheer outrage of it all!!

/s
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 11th August 2021 at 07:11 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Looks like Shaqiri is going now some are saying fee is low around £7m.

He is 30 and probably on big wages for the type of clubs linked.

Hope if he goes he does well at Lyon apart from against us.
    I’d rather keep him for the bench than get £7m. Academy prospects go for more than that

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    I’d rather keep him for the bench than get £7m. Academy prospects go for more than that
    I guess it depends on if his departure means an arrival.

He might also have asked to play regular football but he doesnt seem the type of guy to kick up a fuss since he has been here.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I guess it depends on if his departure means an arrival.

He might also have asked to play regular football but he doesnt seem the type of guy to kick up a fuss since he has been here.
    True, if it means we can get someone in then fair play. Knowing our past record it will be a deadline day let down.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    True, if it means we can get someone in then fair play. Knowing our past record it will be a deadline day let down.
    Im hoping it opens the door to a new player.

Shaqiri is probably on £60-80k a week too which is alot for someone who hardly plays.

I do like Shaqiri even if he isnt a natural fit for us but like you say he is a good option on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well, last season welost Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Gomez, Matip, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago & Jota to lengthy injuries all in one season, which, one would hope, is unlikely to happen again - there will be SOME injuries, but ALL of those again?

Also losing your three firstchoice centre-backs is pretty unprecedented in terms of luck/duration of injury.

Bearing in mind that despite the setbacks we were leading at Christmas (or near Christmas, can't remember exactly when) and were the best team in the league over the last 10 games, plus are going to have a less congested season, on the back of a proper pre-season, with -

Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Milner, Jones and seemingly the trial of Elliott as a midfielder -

- we perhaps feel it's a calculated gamble that we can afford - likely bringing in a midfielder at the end of the season when Milner departs and we've made a decision on one of Ox/Keita.

Would be my guess.
    We will get Injuries, there's no doubt. It depends in who is injured as to how things are affected. The whole situation is pathetic in my book. Hes blatantly been told he can't have another player.

To rely on the same group to carry the team yet again is a gamble, no reinforcements breeds complacency I don't care how motivated they are. Weve seen it already with some players when nobody is pushing them for a place. We are going into the season with 3 midfielders who are no doubt excellent but they can't and won't play throughout and thats where the issue is. Weve got 2 sicknotes who'll barely play 20 games between them and some people's "they look good" pre season view will most likely end up the same as it always does with them. They are 100% not just suddenly going to retain fitness. Then there's Jones, Elliott etc.
    We need another midfielder full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We will get Injuries, there's no doubt. It depends in who is injured as to how things are affected. The whole situation is pathetic in my book. Hes blatantly been told he can't have another player.

To rely on the same group to carry the team yet again is a gamble, no reinforcements breeds complacency I don't care how motivated they are. Weve seen it already with some players when nobody is pushing them for a place. We are going into the season with 3 midfielders who are no doubt excellent but they can't and won't play throughout and thats where the issue is. Weve got 2 sicknotes who'll barely play 20 games between them and some people's "they look good" pre season view will most likely end up the same as it always does with them. They are 100% not just suddenly going to retain fitness. Then there's Jones, Elliott etc.
    We need another midfielder full stop.
    Agree tees. We are now 2 seasons beyond resting on our laurels and seemingly have learned nothing from being overtaken by a shite United.

Yes we had injuries but they rested player for the last 4 or 5 games of the season chasing the EL.

I just hope Klopp can pull yet another rabbit out of the hat because we are really struggling even for just a top 4 finish with any kind of injuries this season.

I just look at Firmino and think. we aint gonna win zit if he gets the same amount of goals he got last season.
    We need a back up forward
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I just look at Firmino and think. we aint gonna win zit if he gets the same amount of goals he got last season.
    We need a back up forward
    Diogo Jota got 13 from 30 last season in all comps, 9 from 19 in the League.

Looking forward to seeing him get to play a lot in front of fans.

I know it can be said of all clubs, but ours more than most you feel having fans in the ground will help a lot.

Also Minamino could yet prove a surprise package and we'll see how Ox is utilised this year, given Klopp's experimentation with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Diogo Jota got 13 from 30 last season in all comps, 9 from 19 in the League.

Looking forward to seeing him get to play a lot in front of fans.

I know it can be said of all clubs, but ours more than most you feel having fans in the ground will help a lot.

Also Minamino could yet prove a surprise package and we'll see how Ox is utilised this year, given Klopp's experimentation with him.
    So you are agree with not playing a natural number 9?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century