Page 91 of 659 FirstFirst ... 4181848586878889909192939495969798101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    City allegedly have agreed terms with Fernan Torres.

Half-expecting them to go for Koulibaly and Alba now, because of the "lack of depth" they have....
    Monopolising players is on the cards too.. Well it seems totally legal and above board ( as long as you pay a paltry fine ) after the latest farce regarding FFP!

Pep quickly closing in Joses money spent in transfers and in less time too. Soon spent the most money in the entire history of football.. And the man has "only" managed,the joint best team in Spain in Barca.. best team in Germany Bayern, and a team in Man-city that had already won 2 leagues and already spent nigh on a billion before he arrived.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    City allegedly have agreed terms with Fernan Torres.

Half-expecting them to go for Koulibaly and Alba now, because of the "lack of depth" they have....
    Yep. Theyll just go out and buy what they need to pretty much dominate everything.
    We can only hope Koulibaly ends up another Mangala. Unlikely though.

The difference for Koulibaly will find is when he plays for Napoli they are very defensive team and he often has midfield cover..Its not easy when you have to decide to drop off or push up even further If you play an high line.You push up to close and you miss the challenge and there space in beyond or if you drop off you let players run at you..
    we haven't really played an high line much that's why we often get called boring. But when we do play an high line we do make the odd error.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Serie A is played at quite a slow tempo compared to football in England so Koulibaly may take some time to adjust to the pace of the league if he does end up at City. I still think they have a gaping hole at the base of their midfield so they'll probably go and try to buy someone like Kante too

I like how we slag off players that may transfer to a rival before they're even complete n rot signed

Doom every player they're linked with lads, i'm sure they'll all be shit!!!!!

Like fernandes was for UTD!! fucking wank ain't he???? I'm sure werner will be shit make us glad we didn't get him too as it's obviously not what we need! lolz

just focus on our own club, can't control what city spend or whatever player they get..... what's the point of worrying fuck it
    Last edited by Kev0909; 16th July 2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I like how we slag off players that may transfer to a rival before they're even complete n rot signed

Doom every player they're linked with lads, i'm sure they'll all be shit!!!!!

Like fernandes was for UTD!! fucking wank ain't he???? I'm sure werner will be shit make us glad we didn't get him too as it's obviously not what we need! lolz

just focus on our own club, can't control what city spend or whatever player they get..... what's the point of worrying fuck it
    I actually think Werner would have been great for us. We could really do with a natural finisher

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I actually think Werner would have been great for us. We could really do with a natural finisher
    Oh definitely.

Had circumstances allowed (a discussion we have had too much) I would have been absolutely all over him coming here and still begrudge that we couldn't do it.

How much of a net gain he'll be for Chelsea though is anyone's guess. They are insanely leaky at the back and if I were their DoF I would be looking at making sure they concede less goals - if you concede 0 you only need one and all that jazz - Chelsea look like they need 3 goals to win a game these days.

Here's one for the bean counters...

Hes not what he used to be steveo, fairly rotund and lost a yard of pace.