Page 93 of 659 FirstFirst ... 43838687888990919293949596979899100103143193593 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There is a distinct danger Werner will actually make Chelsea into genuine challengers again, he was the perfect player for us and I'm sure he will be an incredible success at Chelsea. It's not just about his finishing, it's his link play, his chasing lost causes and chasing back and pressing in general, he could help transform Chelsea into a team who press and counter press every bit as well as we do at our best and us missing out on him actually presents a real danger for us next season

In midfield they have Loftus-Cheek and Barkley for 2 if well drilled and organised can be every bit as good in a collective press as our best midfield. People like to knock those players too, but playing in a team with an ethic and understanding exactly what is needed to make that ethic work to its highest potential is exactly what made Henderson the player he has become, there's every danger the same can happen for Barkley and Loftus-Cheek
    Chelsea still missing a 9 (9 - 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There is a distinct danger Werner will actually make Chelsea into genuine challengers again, he was the perfect player for us and I'm sure he will be an incredible success at Chelsea. It's not just about his finishing, it's his link play, his chasing lost causes and chasing back and pressing in general, he could help transform Chelsea into a team who press and counter press every bit as well as we do at our best and us missing out on him actually presents a real danger for us next season

In midfield they have Loftus-Cheek and Barkley for 2 if well drilled and organised can be every bit as good in a collective press as our best midfield. People like to knock those players too, but playing in a team with an ethic and understanding exactly what is needed to make that ethic work to its highest potential is exactly what made Henderson the player he has become, there's every danger the same can happen for Barkley and Loftus-Cheek
    Also they need a whole new back 5 too
    Gk
    Lb RB CB x2
    All average full of mistakes and no creativity from the full backs.

Midfield they have options.
    Pulisic and Werner their Mane and Salah.
    But bug drop off at no9

Lots of hype about Thiago coming in today. Agreed terms but we can't agree a fee yet, offered Bayern £23 million where they want £35 million

If he does come in it could spell the end for Gini who still hasn't agreed a new contract yet (or has he?). Can see Curtis being Lallana's replacement and Thiago being Gini's. Can also see Milner leaving (Leeds?), so we might free up a lot of wages and hopefully add another attacker (I do like the sound of Thuram).

Larouci is on his way out so hopefully we can get a proper leftback in to help Robbo out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Lots of hype about Thiago coming in today. Agreed terms but we can't agree a fee yet, offered Bayern £23 million where they want £35 million

If he does come in it could spell the end for Gini who still hasn't agreed a new contract yet (or has he?). Can see Curtis being Lallana's replacement and Thiago being Gini's. Can also see Milner leaving (Leeds?), so we might free up a lot of wages and hopefully add another attacker (I do like the sound of Thuram).

Larouci is on his way out so hopefully we can get a proper leftback in to help Robbo out.
    if milner did leave we'd have to sign a LB no if's or buts about it.

Nooooo - don't want to lose our Gini... Love that man..

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if milner did leave we'd have to sign a LB no if's or buts about it.
    If Larouci and Milner go then we are left with Adam Lewis as our only natural left back cover so we'll have to find a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Same here but if Thiago does come in we will be over stocked in midfield (thas if and a big if everyone stays fit!).

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    he doesn't get injured enough i'm afraid

That's why lallana out Thiago in!

If Larouci and Milner go then we are left with Adam Lewis as our only natural left back cover so we'll have to find a replacement.
    True and Lewis is up for loan as well according to Pearce.

Maybe Jurgen hates left backs !

Same here but if Thiago does come in we will be over stocked in midfield (thas if and a big if everyone stays fit!).
    I know - and he still hasn't signed as far as I am aware. I would be all over the Thiago deal personally BUT so sad if he was to replace Gini.