Page 94 of 659 FirstFirst ... 448487888990919293949596979899100101104144194594 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I know - and he still hasn't signed as far as I am aware. I would be all over the Thiago deal personally BUT so sad if he was to replace Gini.
    Ditto. Would be gutted to see him go bit with no talk of a new deal maybe FSG's resale policy comes into effect. We'd probably get what we paid for him a few years ago. I could defo see him signing for another big club, just hope it wouldn't be a prem one. All hypothetical at the moment though.

What is the stumbling block with Gini's contract ?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Not sure but I've read that he hasn't signed one yet. It's strange as the club usually tie down players quickly to new contracts, maybe he wants first team guarantees and they aren't willing to assure him of them.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Probably wants a 3 year deal,maybe more money and the club will be reluctant due to his age?

Feck i thought I read that Millner extended his contract a few weeks ago. Thiago in Lallana out id be all for it. Thiago in gini out, not so much. Thiago is the lock pick type of player we need but not starting every game. Then again maybe Keita will really kick on now. Looks the business lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I know - and he still hasn't signed as far as I am aware. I would be all over the Thiago deal personally BUT so sad if he was to replace Gini.
    Gini's been good for us, but if he feels we're not rewarding him enough or that he needs a new challenge, good luck to him - he's served the club well. Be sad to see him go, but this guy might actually be an upgrade in terms of ability (even if he'll only be available for two and a half games per season). That'll surely help the mourning process.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Feck i thought I read that Millner extended his contract a few weeks ago. Thiago in Lallana out id be all for it. Thiago in gini out, not so much. Thiago is the lock pick type of player we need but not starting every game. Then again maybe Keita will really kick on now. Looks the business lately.
    He's looked good, yes. Brings a different side to the midfield. Very direct, difficult to shake off the ball. But still nowhere near a 50m pound player.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's looked good, yes. Brings a different side to the midfield. Very direct, difficult to shake off the ball. But still nowhere near a 50m pound player.
    Agree hes a long way from justifying his price tag. And we've gotten to the point where he's looked like he's ready to claim a starting berth in the team only for injury to end it and his form then takes ages to get back to where it was. Still I think if you look back in detail at this sesson he will see it as a very positive one for him personally. He ranked up so decent passing and interception stats through the season.

Cant understand why Wijnaldum ain't signed a new contract. Maybe its his agent that's taking the piss. they tend to want a bigger slice of the pie than his own client. Anyone would think they are the footballers
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If Thiago comes we getting an amazing player. A bit later in his career but 29 not too old. H is real quality.

In terms of Gini for me he is a workhorse and important part of the team. Would hate to lose him, for his workrate but also a signing like Thiago with others remaining is upgrading (ability + squad) but if Gini leave it is perhaps upgrade in ability but squad is 1 in one out.

But if it happens that way it would be bitter sweet because Gini and Mane were the first in the revolution and he gave us some good memories. But we not married to players so if it happens than so long and thank you for the great memories.