Page 98 of 659 FirstFirst ... 4888919293949596979899100101102103104105108148198598 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    playing plenty of games for a top teams doesn't mean your something wonderful. It means the manager is blind and cant accept he signed a coconut
    I've said the same thing for many years, especially when it comes to players who play/have played for a 'top' International team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Normally bothers me but with this i'm not really bothered eitherway.

Not saying he's going to be shit for us, just not that excited.... and personally think if we're tight on money it would be best used elsewhere.

But everyone has a opinion
    We are not tight on money. We are the PL champions and are still currently the CL champions. We are also one of the top half dozen richest clubs in the world, and that's before the NIKE money has been accounted for. If 'we' don't spend much (if any) money, it's because our owners don't want to loosen the purse strings, not because we're broke.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 18th July 2020 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    We are not tight on money. We are the PL champions and are still currently the CL champions. We are also one of the top half dozen richest clubs in the world, and that's before the NIKE money has been accounted for. If 'we' don't spend much (if any) money, it's because our owners don't want to loosen the purse strings, not because we're broke.
    There's already been enough posts from the finance experts on here to explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    There's already been enough posts from the finance experts on here to explain why.
    And I keep debunking that nonsense. I was going to post a very long reply to one of Sid's posts which includes factual financial information. Most, if not all of these 'financial experts' are anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    And I keep debunking that nonsense. I was going to post a very long reply to one of Sid's posts which includes factual financial information. Most, if not all of these 'financial experts' are anything but.
    we will soon find out

I agree in a way, when people think we're giving lovren a extended contract just to get a few more million is rather concerning, didn't realise we're a team down the table struggling with money

The club isn't skint, the owners are being cautious with the finances. Not sure how they run their other sports teams in America but to me it looks like they are getting other things off the pitch sorted before splashing bucket loads on players again.

Were's the Dunkin Donuts money, FSG ?

Yea - that should be ‘hundreds and thousands‘..

Amazing that some fans think the club runs on profits.

Zenit St Petersburg are willing to offer around £9m for Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren, 31, but the English champions are likely to demand around £15m for the Croatia international. (Mail on Sunday)

Ffs take the £9m and take it quick.