Page 99 of 659 FirstFirst ... 49899293949596979899100101102103104105106109149199599 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Zenit St Petersburg are willing to offer around £9m for Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren, 31, but the English champions are likely to demand around £15m for the Croatia international. (Mail on Sunday)

Ffs take the £9m and take it quick.
    You know it's absolute bollocks.
    Last edited by Aldo1988; 19th July 2020 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Zenit St Petersburg are willing to offer around £9m for Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren, 31, but the English champions are likely to demand around £15m for the Croatia international. (Mail on Sunday)

Ffs take the £9m and take it quick.
    But then we need a new CB. Who are we going to get?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Willy Boly is a player that has always impressed me whenever I've watched him. Probably wouldn't come cheaply though

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Willy Boly is a player that has always impressed me whenever I've watched him. Probably wouldn't come cheaply though
    Yep. Good player. Great name for childish jokes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    One of Hoever or van den Berg, with Fabinho dropping in sometimes and maybe Milner or Henderson having the odd game there?

Wouldn't be what I would want to resort to, but if I thought it was for just the one season / that it would get the Youth player up to speed to be good enough for 4th spot it might be a worthwhile calculated gamble.

Lovren's £100k per week off the books and some cash is hard to say no to, to me - if we got £10m and didn't have to pay his wages for a year due to sale we would have £15m, which wouldn't be too bad a result.

Don't know if it's been covered already....but apparently FFP has been canceled for the time being so clubs can invest to get Football going again?????

This has been my fear for us.....We wont spend....

Also i've seen reporst that City would have had a 200million hole in their finances without Champions league for two years...We have got to two finals ......so where is our transfer budget?

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Don't know if it's been covered already....but apparently FFP has been canceled for the time being so clubs can invest to get Football going again?????

This has been my fear for us.....We wont spend....

Also i've seen reporst that City would have had a 200million hole in their finances without Champions league for two years...We have got to two finals ......so where is our transfer budget?
    It will force the owners hands. They will have to accept that they just don’t have the cash to keep a club of this size competitive in the long term. Post Klopp with FSG - you know we are going to struggle.

And it is not their fault - just simple economics. Without the principle of FFP it is as was when Roman turned up and and the Sheik moved in. Simply buy up all the best players.. That is to be fair a more honest approach when the society we live in is so ruthlessly based upon the fact that money is king.
    Last edited by Steveo; 19th July 2020 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It will force the owners hands. They will have to accept that they just don’t have the cash to keep a club of this size competitive in the long term. Post Klopp with FSG - you know we are going to struggle.
    rock and a hard place.....i'm not saying i want them out....they have a winning product time for them to invest some real money! ...Or go into some kind of Financial partnership!

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    rock and a hard place.....i'm not saying i want them out....they have a winning product time for them to invest some real money! ...Or go into some kind of Financial partnership!
    They could do a partnership where they keep hold of running operations and a 3rd party comes in to add financial muscle yes. But look at Arsenal.it us clearly not the best way to go.

It is sad and it isn’t football but the billionaires have the right to buy up cities, governments and sporting bodies - why would anyone be surprised they can buy titles too?

If the Saudis get into Newcastle. You can see what happens next.
    Last edited by Steveo; 19th July 2020 at 10:46 AM.

I would have thought it's the match going fans that will get football going again rather than buying expensive players, unless you're buying players from lower league clubs that are really under threat.

Can we all just go back to normal now or is there a recession on the way?