Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I bet it gets over turned.. Cas will over turn it. Imagine if they win it this year and cant defend it. Blue loon is in full tin hat mode.
    That's what i'm thinking, they will appeal against it and win their appeal and get an increased fine which won't bother them.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    As hilarious as this is, it's actually bad for us unless the Arabs decide to sell the club. This all but guarantees CL football for United in the next two years, helping to stabilise them. Fuck.
    Why utd?

Could be anyones

they've still been buying top players anyway doesn't make much difference, don't know how they don't get into trouble with FFP tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why utd?

Could be anyones

they've still been buying top players anyway doesn't make much difference, don't know how they don't get into trouble with FFP tbh
    The only way they ever stop buying top players is they miss out on CL and winning the PL consistently. I don't want them to be shite for a while and bounce back. I want them to fall off their financial perch.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Anyone could see what they were doing with their dodgy sponsorship deals.

The biggest losers are us, this should be number 20 we're going for not 19.

c*nts.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Also they're going to appeal. I'm not sure the ban will survive that.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    That's what i'm thinking, they will appeal against it and win their appeal and get an increased fine which won't bother them.
    Can't see even them getting 2 years lowered to none. Hopefully the best they can do is get it halved, but Pep's got the perfect excuse to do a runner now.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I bet it gets over turned.. Cas will over turn it. Imagine if they win it this year and cant defend it. Blue loon is in full tin hat mode.
    Only guessing..

I think they'll be out next year, might not be able to get an appeal in time the competition starts pretty early in the summer

Cas/whoever might overturn it for the second year, they love giving cheats a second chance.

Imagine if they win it - get stuffed

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    As hilarious as this is, it's actually bad for us unless the Arabs decide to sell the club. This all but guarantees CL football for United in the next two years, helping to stabilise them. Fuck.
    It'll give all those teams outside the top4 a boost, wouldn't bet on United making the top5 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Which means 5th will be 4th right?

Come on wolves/Sheff utd fuck the mancs
    Yes, rule 408.

5th will get Champion's League football. Spurs and Mourinho will be pretty psyched by this development for sure.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the City players with genuine ambition (who genuinely want the trophies as much as or more than the money) - City may try to make the most of those 2 years to work on Data Analysts and so on and sell a couple of stars to improve FFP for the future.

I certainly would be looking at having a cheek word in De Bruyne's ear if I were in the recruitment staff at Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It'll give all those teams outside the top4 a boost, wouldn't bet on United making the top5 this year.
    We can only hope.

But like I said, this will most likely get overturned.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non