Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Retrospective?
    Absolutely should be Dicko, no point in giving them one next season, in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 when these financial irregularities occurred they benefitted from them with the additional top quality players they had in their squad and on the pitch, effectively cheating every other team in the league
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It's not meaningless to the clubs chasing a champions league spot.
    Of course it is because where they finish doesn't count for qualification for any European competition

Similar to Saracens
    Arent Exeter a bit upset?

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    They still very much might.
    Leeds got deducted 15 points back in 2007 so the English FA have done it before.
    Though I agree with you as I said before I'll believe it when I see it. Saying that the 5th place this season could get the Champions league spot so they'll have to make a final decision pretty quickly. And there's no point fining them as money means nothing to them when you have a bottomless pit. Unless the people at the FA are looking a bumper Christmas bonus.

Didnt city put through half their wages for the club through a 3rd party.

I cant remember the ins and outs

Something like £200m through the correct channels and £200m through another way which didnt show up on their books.

Can anyone confirm this.
    That is what many have rumoured to be the case. Apparently a lot of their best players are having their wages 'topped up' via a number of sources 'off the books'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Of course it is because where they finish doesn't count for qualification for any European competition
    It will count, if the ban gets overturned.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I completely agree, they effectively cheated all the other clubs who were playing by the rules, they should dock them 12 points for both the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons. They should also be burnt at the stake (metaphorically)
    We could be lifting 2 premier league trophies in May !!

Man u get no21

Didnt city put through half their wages for the club through a 3rd party.

I cant remember the ins and outs

Something like £200m through the correct channels and £200m through another way which didnt show up on their books.

Can anyone confirm this.
    Yep, I had it as less than that, but with that 200m and about 80m of dodgy sonsorship that puts them a LONG way past the Premier League's 105m deficit threshold for 2016-2019 so they should retrospecitvely dock them 12 points for each season

I hope now everyone who moaned about the owners not spunking all our money away on players will appreciate why they haven't done it and chose to invest into the structure of the club after this.