Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We could be lifting 2 premier league trophies in May !!
    T’internet will officially break.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

The internet really would break
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We were so good we won it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Man u get no21
    Not if points deductions are for 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 they finished 21 points ahead of the filthy in 17/18, they won't deduct UAE FC 21 points, it would be 9 or 12 or 15 at the very most I expect

Have to say on the whole I don't really agree with ffp. It does protect the already established legacy clubs and makes it difficult for traditionally smaller clubs to ever harbour serious ambitions of becoming a regular winner.

But on this occasion and the absolute state of that fan base couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Not if points deductions are for 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 they finished 21 points ahead of the filthy in 17/18, they won't deduct UAE FC 21 points, it would be 9 or 12 or 15 at the very most I expect
    I think a saracens level punishment could be on the cards. Cant see any retrospective punishment happening.

IF and that's a big IF the Premier League do act accordingly as without the fiddling of the books UAE FC were well beyond their 105m maximum spending deficit in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 and retrospectively dock them 9-15 points for both those seasons, making us last season's Premier League winners it would only be fit and proper that an appropriate shaming ceremony were arranged with their players involved returning their medals and the trophy and standing there looking forlorn and to get the appropriate humiliation at a packed Anfield

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Have to say on the whole I don't really agree with ffp. It does protect the already established legacy clubs and makes it difficult for traditionally smaller clubs to ever harbour serious ambitions of becoming a regular winner.

But on this occasion and the absolute state of that fan base couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of cunts.
    The thing is the 'regular winners' or at least most of them (in this country anyway) didn't just click their fingers and become serial winners overnight. They built themselves up over time, something that other clubs can still do. Yes it might be a bit harder in this day and age, but there is a big difference between a club being given 'a helping hand' and 'being bankrolled'. The latter should never be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think a saracens level punishment could be on the cards. Cant see any retrospective punishment happening.
    I surely HAS to be retrospective punishment, they benefited on the pitch in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 from having the players they were able to add as a result of cheating FFP and cheating every other club in the league in the process, so punish them next season when they're no longer in breach and to hell with all the clubs they cheated? That would be very fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    IF and that's a big IF the Premier League do act accordingly as without the fiddling of the books UAE FC were well beyond their 105m maximum spending deficit in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 and retrospectively dock them 9-15 points for both those seasons, making us last season's Premier League winners it would only be fit and proper that an appropriate shaming ceremony were arranged with their players involved returning their medals and the trophy and standing there looking forlorn and to get the appropriate humiliation at a packed Anfield
    That sounds fair enough 😂😂