Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wilder v Fury II

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You forgot (C) Noodle, the nature of how the PTSD was formed, the longevity over which it was formed and the extremity of the psychotic episode that continued abuse triggered, any other life traumas the psychotic episode caused (loss of independence, loss of relationships etc etc)

A situation doesn't have to be a potentially violent situation for a trigger or to trigger violence, if the psychotic episode triggered involved violent irrational otherwise completely out of character behaviour, but the prolonged abuse wasn't of a violent nature, the trigger isn't going to be violence, it's going to be behaviour the sub conscious recognises as being the same as that which occurred in the prolonged period of abuse.

So say this was work place abuse over a sustained period of time, in which the person was threatened with violence, systematically robbed, systematically abused for a disability and their life made as uncomfortable by a combination of these things and people being deliberately awkward and difficult with them also, day in, day out of a period of years, until the drip drip drip of it triggered a psychotic episode, then it could easily be triggered by being in a place of work and anybody doing these things or the sub conscious perceiving they were doing these things

Edit: It could even be triggered by something as simple as being somewhere which had similar or the same lighting and operating systems and environment as the place the prolonged abuse took place
    I didn't forget (C). I originally mentioned it, however due to my pad playing up I just condensed it into two things, with the nature of the trigger meaning both the cause of the trigger(s) and the nature of the trigger(s) themselves.

No a situation doesn't have to involve a violent situation, but for the 'most' part, the more extreme a trigger (both the original event and present cause) allied to the nature of the sufferer tends to dictate how extreme their reaction will be to a trigger. The situation you use involves both the threat of violence, is sustained and involves a number of different forms of abuse, not only worsening the overall effect, but also creating a wider array of potential triggers. That on it own can cause an extreme reaction, but that may well still depend on the nature of the abused.

I can only go on what I've seen/read/watched, what I've learned by talking to 'others', and what I myself know.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I said the same during the fight.
    If a 17+ stone heavy weight boxer is smacking you around the head , you'd expect a decent pair of legs to hold you up !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If a 17+ stone heavy weight boxer is smacking you around the head , you'd expect a decent pair of legs to hold you up !!
    You would think so wouldn't you? Either they didn't work on them, or for whatever reason he just couldn't add much muscle to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post

You see the same in the gym all the time, everyone posing in the mirrors with their big arms and chest, sporting wee little chicken legs.

It'll be interesting when/if we hear about any ear drum injury as he looked completely gone after the first knockdown. Fury should have put him away much earlier, was almost like when Haye did his achilles against Bellew.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I'm sure he has some legs he's not exactly shite and didn't lose to fury last time

Fury was just too good on the night, wilder the opposite

The third bout will happen annoyingly.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are waiting until 2023 or something for Joshua v Fury.

Just scrap already!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The third bout will happen annoyingly.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are waiting until 2023 or something for Joshua v Fury.

Just scrap already!
    I really hope not. Surely the bigger fight is AJ Fury at Wembley. I hate the rematch clauses. Fair enough after one fight but not after 2.

Saw a report yesterday saying the Saudi's would throw a shitload of money at them to stage it. They both always talk about the fans and being the 'people's champion', how ironic it would be to have to the biggest fight in boxing history between two British fighters in the middle of the desert.

Joshua got £60m for the Ruiz II fight so you could see them getting offered close to £100m each for this one, no chance they'd turn that down.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Saw a report yesterday saying the Saudi's would throw a shitload of money at them to stage it. They both always talk about the fans and being the 'people's champion', how ironic it would be to have to the biggest fight in boxing history between two British fighters in the middle of the desert.

Joshua got £60m for the Ruiz II fight so you could see them getting offered close to £100m each for this one, no chance they'd turn that down.
    True. Money talks. If they both "appreciate" their fans then theres no way that the biggest fight in boxing history should not be in the UK. It would be a travesty if it were not but it may not happen at all.

BREAKING | Deontay Wilder has confirmed he will trigger the rematch clause in his contract for a trilogy fight with Tyson Fury.