Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Gini

“An LFC legend now and forever. He is an architect of our success. We have built this Liverpool on his legs, lungs, brain and his huge, beautiful heart.”

“At the time of writing this, he has not confirmed his intentions for next season. If he goes, he does so knowing we as his team-mates are eternally grateful for having this special human being come into our lives. I love him and he will always be family.”

- the words of our wonderful manager.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    “An LFC legend now and forever. He is an architect of our success. We have built this Liverpool on his legs, lungs, brain and his huge, beautiful heart.”

“At the time of writing this, he has not confirmed his intentions for next season. If he goes, he does so knowing we as his team-mates are eternally grateful for having this special human being come into our lives. I love him and he will always be family.”

- the words of our wonderful manager.
    Yes I read that also, Gini is a true Liverpool legend and every word of what Jurgen said is absolutely true and what about those two goals in the Champions League semi v Barcelona
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yes I read that also, Gini is a true Liverpool legend and every word of what Jurgen said is absolutely true and what about those two goals in the Champions League semi v Barcelona
    Indeed.

Also, an enormously needed relief-provider in 16/17. Last game of the season against Middlesbrough and we need a win to secure Top Four, he gets the first of our 3 goals after that had been a very anxiety-inducing first half. That opens the door and we finish the season a very happy bunch.

Almost certainly his last game today against Palace. Thank you Gini, it's been a pleasure. Often the "unseen" player quietly helping the game tick along, but some stand-out memories too.

Top lad.

Modern day Ronnie Whelan.

Obviously the Barca semi sticks out in the memory, but he's never been a 'highlights' player. You need these sorts of 'glue' players amongst the superstars.

Wish him all the best.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Yeah, probably underpaid during the duration of his stay here, which will be amended when he signs a new contract. Guessing elsewhere.

Good lad, best wishes wherever he lands up.

Fully deserved his applause today when he got replaced. Played a huge part in bagging us the big ones. Good luck wherever you end up, I just wish you were staying.

Mixed feelings over Gini, always felt like we could do better but he’s a big game player, keeps the ball really well and has vast experience at the absolute top of the game.
    Overall I’d prefer him to stay, just get rid of Keita instead. Doubt Ox will go because he’s English.

I'll miss him. A fabulous player and servant.
    Deserves his place in our history.

I'm going to really miss Gini, he was incredible and selfless, his controller role for us was very far removed from how he played at his other clubs and for the Dutch national side, it's a day to celebrate our great finish to the season and incredible turnaround and everything that Gini gave us and was part of, but it's also very sad to see Gini go, he's one of our other midfielders who was drastically underrated and under appreciated by too many people
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Lovely, silky smooth footballer. I used to think he disappeared in away games but the last two seasons he has become much more consistent. I hope there’s a chance he might stay