Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Gini

He seemed happy enough with the fans on the home coming parade around Liverpool after Madrid.
    PSG in the Champions league it is then.

Didn’t he cite the owners originally “those at the top”?

Feels like some concerted PR is in play with any Liverpool FC associated media, twisting the picture to be about social media and many are not bothering to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Didn’t he cite the owners originally “those at the top”?

Feels like some concerted PR is in play with any Liverpool FC associated media, twisting the picture to be about social media and many are not bothering to read.
    Actually he DID say "Social Media" (or rather fans on Social media).
    Nobody twisted that part. It was a direct quote of what he said.

Which is pretty silly because there are other players in our squad now who get far worse abuse on social media and you don't hear them using it as a reason to agitate for a move or a higher salary.

He left for a 300k payday.
    He should stop trying to apply a different coat of paint on it.
    It's like he's suggesting if he had had less social media "abuse" (or as we call it, "stick" for the days he actually did his disappearing act in matches), he would have stayed even if the team only bumped his salary up a bit but not all the way up to 300k.

Bollocks!

He was nothing, and a middling player from a mid-level team that Klopp plucked out of nowhere and made him into what he is today.
    Champion's League and League winner.
    Netherlands captain.
    And now 300,000 salaried player at PSG.

Everything he is, and has now he owes in its entirety to Liverpool FC and Jurgen Klopp AND the fans he thinks hated him so much.

It would serve him well to show some respect.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    It would serve him well to learn that the majority of the “supporters” slagging him off on social media probably haven’t been to England, never mind Anfield. It’s a cesspit of morons. It’s truly embarrassing to be honest.
    He does acknowledge that to be fair.

"My feeling was that the fans in the stadium and the fans on social media were two different kinds.

The fans in the stadium always supported me. Even when they came back [when fans could attend games], already knowing that I was going to leave, they still supported me and, in the end, they gave me a great farewell."

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    He does acknowledge that to be fair.

"My feeling was that the fans in the stadium and the fans on social media were two different kinds.

The fans in the stadium always supported me. Even when they came back [when fans could attend games], already knowing that I was going to leave, they still supported me and, in the end, they gave me a great farewell."
    Pretty obvious to be fair that this would be the situation. No need to making such stupid excuses. It’s the club’s and his unwillingness to come to an agreement that saw him leave. Just say that and move on

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Pretty obvious to be fair that this would be the situation. No need to making such stupid excuses. It’s the club’s and his unwillingness to come to an agreement that saw him leave. Just say that and move on
    True enough. I might go on social media and slag him a bit more now.

I doubt all the abuse came from actual liverpool fans. Fake accounts is very popular among the cunts of this sad world we find ourselves in.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/24/didnt-feel-loved-appreciated-fsg-fans-social-media-leaving-liverpool/

'I didn't feel loved or appreciated' by FSG and fans on social media when leaving Liverpool, says Gini Wijnaldum
    The PSG midfielder says he felt loved by his team-mates, staff and fans in the ground, but his departure from Liverpool still stings

Funny how the key first part of his statement seems to be absent from Liverpool fan media… We all know Social media is awash with idiots BUT he cites the owners - but this doesn’t seem to be of interest.

Yes Ian - they are very good.

It doesnt really what Gini says he has gone for the money its that simple its coming over abit of a dick.

Its easy to blame FSG but what salary did he want ? £200k a week ???

He is still a quality player but he wanted a 4 year deal what if he went downhill after 18-24 months then we are stuck like Arsenal were with Ozil.

Naaah - and no again.

Numerous reports of Klopp being overruled by FSG on keeping Gini.