Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Gini

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I remember Aldo. I’ll let you have your moment of glory.

Glad he’s proved me wrong
    He proved you wrong from the moment you slagged him off but you couldn't see it then and are only seeing it now because he's scored important goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    He proved you wrong from the moment you slagged him off but you couldn't see it then and are only seeing it now because he's scored important goals.
    Nope, not in the slightest about his goals. He still hasn’t scored many. More to the extent about his game play and control. He’s still not perfect mind you with some lapses, but he’s been great since I slagged him off!

Sign him up, we need Gini and Hendo for Soumare and Fabian Ruiz to learn from
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Nope, not in the slightest about his goals. He still hasn’t scored many. More to the extent about his game play and control. He’s still not perfect mind you with some lapses, but he’s been great since I slagged him off!
    Needs to do a lot of work on his switch ball, he's started playing it in the last 2 games when he previously hasn't ever played it to my recollection, and it's very important he has a great switch ball

I remember Aldo. I’ll let you have your moment of glory.

Glad he’s proved me wrong
    One game a season/career does not make. Admittedly he seems to like home games in the CL, but that doesn't suddenly erase all the games where he's lets say 'less than prominent'.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    One game a season/career does not make. Admittedly he seems to like home games in the CL, but that doesn't suddenly erase all the games where he's lets say 'less than prominent'.
    Depends how you view the game and how we play, he's highly prominent every game in my view as I fully appreciate the role he performs for the team

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Depends how you view the game and how we play, he's highly prominent every game in my view as I fully appreciate the role he performs for the team
    Yep, as I say, some people don't see what he brings to the team.

Had to go back quite a way to find a specific thread.

In the spirit of "your team against" threads - what do we offer him?

It's his last big pay-day most likely. We can hardly offer him £200k a week for 4 years as he may not be "worth" the £200k per week 2 years from now and he would become difficult to sell. Can we be creative and offer him a contract whereby he is guaranteed bigger money for the next 1-2 seasons (where we still really need him) and it drops down a bit for the final two seasons? Though in fairness, why would he accept that?

It's a tricky one to balance.

He's not good enough to demand similar wages to the likes of Salah, Mane, Allison etc, especially given that he often goes awol away from Anfield, never mind that he really should be scoring a few more goals.

Do I want him to stay? If we're not going to replace him with someone as good, if not better, then yes. However if we have someone lined up to replace him who Klopp has personally identified, him leaving might not be as big a blow as some think it would be.