Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: Gini

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I remember Aldo. I’ll let you have your moment of glory.

    Glad he’s proved me wrong
    He proved you wrong from the moment you slagged him off but you couldn't see it then and are only seeing it now because he's scored important goals.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    6,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    He proved you wrong from the moment you slagged him off but you couldn't see it then and are only seeing it now because he's scored important goals.
    Nope, not in the slightest about his goals. He still hasn’t scored many. More to the extent about his game play and control. He’s still not perfect mind you with some lapses, but he’s been great since I slagged him off!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Sign him up, we need Gini and Hendo for Soumare and Fabian Ruiz to learn from
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Nope, not in the slightest about his goals. He still hasn’t scored many. More to the extent about his game play and control. He’s still not perfect mind you with some lapses, but he’s been great since I slagged him off!
    Needs to do a lot of work on his switch ball, he's started playing it in the last 2 games when he previously hasn't ever played it to my recollection, and it's very important he has a great switch ball
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    31,964
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I remember Aldo. I’ll let you have your moment of glory.

    Glad he’s proved me wrong
    One game a season/career does not make. Admittedly he seems to like home games in the CL, but that doesn't suddenly erase all the games where he's lets say 'less than prominent'.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    One game a season/career does not make. Admittedly he seems to like home games in the CL, but that doesn't suddenly erase all the games where he's lets say 'less than prominent'.
    Depends how you view the game and how we play, he's highly prominent every game in my view as I fully appreciate the role he performs for the team
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Depends how you view the game and how we play, he's highly prominent every game in my view as I fully appreciate the role he performs for the team
    Yep, as I say, some people don't see what he brings to the team.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    16,904
    Had to go back quite a way to find a specific thread.

    In the spirit of "your team against" threads - what do we offer him?

    It's his last big pay-day most likely. We can hardly offer him £200k a week for 4 years as he may not be "worth" the £200k per week 2 years from now and he would become difficult to sell. Can we be creative and offer him a contract whereby he is guaranteed bigger money for the next 1-2 seasons (where we still really need him) and it drops down a bit for the final two seasons? Though in fairness, why would he accept that?

    It's a tricky one to balance.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    31,964
    He's not good enough to demand similar wages to the likes of Salah, Mane, Allison etc, especially given that he often goes awol away from Anfield, never mind that he really should be scoring a few more goals.

    Do I want him to stay? If we're not going to replace him with someone as good, if not better, then yes. However if we have someone lined up to replace him who Klopp has personally identified, him leaving might not be as big a blow as some think it would be.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th February 2021, 09:41 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th December 2020, 03:11 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th June 2020, 06:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th March 2020, 12:41 PM
  5. The Gini Wijnaldum is shite thread
    By Aldo1988 in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 13th March 2020, 05:23 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •