Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Gini

He played his part in bagging us the big two. Also, no lack of effort since we had an idea he'd be leaving. Wish him well there.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Surely nobody could suggest that our Gini is crap..? People talk about missing Hendo... Wait till Gini goes... I really can’t bare the thought to be honest.
    See him we have to replace. And we have to go big. Fabinho big.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    See him we have to replace. And we have to go big. Fabinho big.
    Wouldn't be so sure

Thiag/Hendo/Fab/Ox/Keita/Jones

Still think thiago is wij's replacement not that I agree with it at all

Think a origi replacement and a CB is 100% on the cards then hopefully a quality CM but let's see how broke we are

at least we'll have some players currently on loan (apart from Elliot) to sell, so we might be able to afford someone from them sales!
    Last edited by Kev0909; 23rd January 2021 at 02:50 PM.

Might as well not have keita. He’s been a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Might as well not have keita. He’s been a disaster
    Well tough we're stuck with him can't see anyone buying him can you? unless at a HUGE loss

Unless we pointlessly loan him out for years?

I don't know if we will, Kev, but we have to. Oxo and Keita I don't count at all. They're never available.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I don't know if we will, Kev, but we have to. Oxo and Keita I don't count at all. They're never available.
    They to do FSG on wages.... that's all that matters and if they're somewhat involved in transfers, I doubt they'll think they need another CM with 6 of em + grujic on loan assuming milner is leaving that is too.

What happens when you're limited and make a mistake, you end up in this position otherwise some players would already be out the door.

I see your point Kev, but someone will surely buy Grujic for a decent fee? Hertha loved him iirc.

Oxo we can keep as he's English and offers something different, but Milner will likely leave as will Keita I feel. That would only leave us with Thiago, Hendo, Oxo, The Fabulous One and Jones in midfield. Considering we play three of them each game, five is not enough. Now factor in their injuries and that's basically four senior CMs. We should be striving for five senior ones + Jones + maybe another talent like him.

Selling Millie and Keita and losing Wij will probably free up 250-300k of weekly wages. A good chunk of change for any single player!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Gini has been fantastic for us. i can't understand why some people don't see that. Tenacious. Hardly ever loses the ball. has even come up with big goals.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Gini has been fantastic for us. i can't understand why some people don't see that. Tenacious. Hardly ever loses the ball. has even come up with big goals.
    He's excellent when we're up against good sides and we need to keep the ball more. He very rarely gives it away or gets caught in possession.

I do think he slows us down in games against the bus parkers. He has a tendency to take a touch too many and waits to see what options he has, by which time the space has gone.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side