Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gini

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Milner will be kept until he's 36. I don't know if anyone is as fit as Milner but Gini comes close so I don't see his age as a big issue. Milner is on £140,000 per week. I think we need a bit more creativity in midfield but if we can sign that player and keep Gini then that would be ideal.
    The thing about Milner is that he will only be getting less minutes as time goes on, where Jones will be getting more so as to develop him.

So in terms of places in a 25-man squad, Jones will likely "replace" Milner (not like-for-like obviously) by the time 22/23 comes around and hopefully a transfer will replace Wijnaldum's spot.

Then it's a case of whether or not we can "replace" (again, may not be like-for-like) the minutes that Keita and Ox haven't been putting on the pitch, though I think Klopp wants Ox to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Some players have disregarded their agents altogether when they really want something.

Won’t consider him as a “legend” just because of his two goals against Barca, nor will I consider him one because he was never injured. Far too many mediocre and subpar performances. I guess he’s like Lucas, fan favourite because when was always available.
    You're serious about the Lucas comparison?
    BTW Lucas was far from a fan favourite.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The thing about Milner is that he will only be getting less minutes as time goes on, where Jones will be getting more so as to develop him.

So in terms of places in a 25-man squad, Jones will likely "replace" Milner (not like-for-like obviously) by the time 22/23 comes around and hopefully a transfer will replace Wijnaldum's spot.

Then it's a case of whether or not we can "replace" (again, may not be like-for-like) the minutes that Keita and Ox haven't been putting on the pitch, though I think Klopp wants Ox to stay.
    We need our English contingent too.
    Maybe you know Sid, better than me, as to what the balance needs to be regarding foreign v home-grown players, and what constitutes a home-grown player?
    Especially now that we are post- Brexit.
    Many transfer suggestions thus far appear to involve getting rid of some home-grown and replacing with completely foreign.

"Georginio Gregion Emile Wijnaldum (né Boateng;

Wijnaldum was born and raised in Rotterdam, South Holland.

When he was six years old, his parents, who are both of Surinamese descent, went through a divorce resulting in his mother moving to Amsterdam.

However, Wijnaldum decided to stay in Rotterdam and moved in with his grandmother, where he lived for the remainder of his childhood.

In Wijnaldum's younger years, he never showed interest in football. He never played with a ball or watched football on TV. His ambition was to become a gymnast or acrobat.

This changed when Wijnaldum's cousin asked him to come to Sparta Rotterdam's opening day with him; then he was invited to the Sparta Rotterdam youth academy and his love for football started to grow slowly.

Wijnaldum was formerly known as Georginio Boateng, but following his mother's divorce, he took her maiden name (Wijnaldum)."

I guess the gymnastic side of him gives that tonic and robust ever fit side.

Gini has been mostly Brilliant.
    Ever present.
    22 goals in 237 games.
    Bare in mind our goals come from the front 3.

I played in a midfield 3 and it is a really difficult transformation from a midfield 4.
    Less goals and more discipline.

Gini has been fantastic value.
    £25m and £25m approx salary Over 5 years.

Sad to see him go. But part of the transformation period of liverpool ageing side.
    New blood.

What's more disappointing is the fact now it should be Keita or Oxlade strong into that role.
    But like matip too fitness wise totally unreliable.

Happy to bring in Wilson and Elliot into the squad.

Shaqiri Origi Keita Oxlade if it were championship manager youd be selling on.

Henderson Thiago Fabinho Jones Oxlade Keita seems healthy.
    But this midfield has too many injury concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    We need our English contingent too.
    Maybe you know Sid, better than me, as to what the balance needs to be regarding foreign v home-grown players, and what constitutes a home-grown player?
    Especially now that we are post- Brexit.
    Many transfer suggestions thus far appear to involve getting rid of some home-grown and replacing with completely foreign.
    You need eight homegrown players in your Premier League and Champions League squads - Kelleher, Robertson, Trent, Gomez, Phillips, Henderson, Milner, Jones, Elliot, Neco
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Phillips wont be here next season.

Williams will be

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Won’t consider him as a “legend” just because of his two goals against Barca, nor will I consider him one because he was never injured. Far too many mediocre and subpar performances. I guess he’s like Lucas, fan favourite because when was always available.
    Well you might not, but our midfield 3 comprised or was supposed to comprise of the following:

A controller, a No6 and a more attacking CM, Gini played the controller role and he played is absolutely superbly throughout his time at the club and his ability in that role was a huge part of the evolution of the team, the evolution of how our forwards and full backs were able to play and why we won the Premier League and Champions League and he never once let us down and for me is an absolute legend

Our most important players who have played their roles in that midfield to the highest levels have been Gini and Hendo, all the players who were bought and have supposed to have been the more attacking CM have been well below the required levels and what was expected of them, Keita, Ox, Shaqiri, Minamino
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Time to be honest - I was never a big Gini fan. Not consistent enough. Love the Barca performance but those type were too few and far apart. He was solid but nothing more - for me.