Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The sad demise of Tot Ten Ham Hotspur

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Them being out of Europe for 3 years,May cost more than his contract.
    Well, they did indeed get rid.

So their Gross debt totals £831m. Also -

- There's £140 owed in transfer debt.
    - There's £96m in tax debt.
    - There's £9m in trade creditors.
    - There's £102m in other creditors.

Total of....£1.177bn. Yep, Billion.

Mourinho's compensation too. Hiring a new Manager won't be cheap either. If ever a club needed Champion's League football.....

Son and Kane would fetch decent money to eat into a little bit of that but that's not good reading if you're a Spurs fan.

So does the Club get sold? Or is the stadium the be-all-and-end-all plan to recoup the funds further down the line if they can get Champion's League football for a few seasons in a row and firmly establish themselves?

I was well aware they were aiming for the the big league - despite others seemingly being blind to it but even I was totally shocked that they made it into the 6 for the ESL..

They have won literally nothing in 2 generations..!

Were they and Atletico both in purely because of their recent stadium builds?? Can't be just that surely?

Just doesn't add up unless Levy has some big mates in the US world of finance and sport.

Atletico have won La Liga under Simeone haven't they? Won the UEFA/Europa twice too in the last ten years or so I think.
    More than Arsenal and Spurs together. If this had been 2 years ago fans would question our inclusion if its going on recent success.
    Won La Liga in 2014. I thought they had won 2 titles in recent years.
    Last edited by teesred; 22nd April 2021 at 10:37 AM.

True - but we have been the most successful club in the land for eons.. United took it off us for a few years but after us there was nobody close.

Atletico have won a few in the last few years - comparable with Atletico Bilbao historically.

Wouldn’t consider them one of the elite - but granted far far more than Spurs.

Arsenal for sure historically a massive club with fairly recent successes too - Chelsea and City being perennial winners for more than a decade now... BUT BUT
    How did Spurs get on that list??

Spurs...?

I would love to see Levy interviewed and watch to see if he could maintain a straight faced answer.

It stinks already but the inclusion of Spurs for me is just batshit crazy..
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd April 2021 at 11:20 AM.

Nagelsmann has been confirmed as Bayern manager for next season. Oh well there's always Scott Parker for Spurs haha

Surely wouldn’t do worse than Jose did? Think he has burned all bridges in the UK now.

I doubt the thought of appointing Parker will fill Kane and co with confidence that trophies are just around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Nagelsmann has been confirmed as Bayern manager for next season. Oh well there's always Scott Parker for Spurs haha
    Bit disappointed at that.

He's one of a small number I'd quite like to see here one day and in terms of managerial development I can't help but feel he has taken a job as big as that on just a couple of seasons too early.

Time will tell.

hhhmm...

It seems like we've learned nothing from these kinds of threads.

Just a.....mild observation here...., if you'll indulge me, for a bit.....

They've dropped off since challenging between 2015-2019,....and yet,.....
    .... we've dropped off how much exactly, ...since being champions only just last year and champions' league winners the year before?

We're not even qualifying for the Champion's league next season (unless UEFA pull some shenanigans,...and why would they be doing us any favours after last week's ESL fiasco?)

So I guess the real question is who's dropped off much farther (and harder), and are they really in a place to be pointing the finger and laughing at others?

Not that long ago there was a similar thread about the Scum, and how we should all laugh at their demise or summat.
    They're now sitting second and came closest to challenging or stopping City from rolling into another title this year.
    And they'll be playing weekday footie next season on Tuesday and Wednesday and not Thursday.

I'm just saying,.,.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 27th April 2021 at 06:43 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

If Scott Parker is in the frame for the Spurs job they really are on a downward spiral. May as well stick with Ryan Mason.