Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The sad demise of Tot Ten Ham Hotspur

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Kane is EPL proven he scores 25-30 goals a season IF he goes to City he will get abit more rest as well due to their depth of squad.

I know what you mean though Kev about injuries and they are a concern I guess Spurs play him as soon as he is able to walk !

I take it he is playing bad for England then ? Though I do remember before Euro 96 media/pundits wanted Shearer out the side and he did ok ����
    A donkey would of done better in the first 2 games, and have more touches I was being too Kind

He looks about as fit as me

Probably should give up the smoking.

Then again players like Sancho and Henderson can't even get on the pitch- so what hope we do have

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Surely this belongs on a different thread by now!
    You're very orderly, scientifcred..

I'd say discussing our own demise is relevant when discussing Tottenham's demise, but if you wish to police the forum, please show us the way and I'm sure we can separate out all the different topics

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You're very orderly, scientifcred..

I'd say discussing our own demise is relevant when discussing Tottenham's demise, but if you wish to police the forum, please show us the way and I'm sure we can separate out all the different topics
    The title of this thread is
    'The sad demise of Tottenham Hotspur'
    What demise? What is our demise?
    You persist in a very lengthy and verbose argument with Steveo about what appears to be their top management.
    That would appear to be a better topic.
    But Steveo has agreed to disagree with you anyway.
    What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    What demise? What is our demise?
    I don’t understand what you’re saying in your post, SR.

Our demise was going from the greatest team in history to winning next to nothing for 30 years. I would have thought that was an interesting topic on an LFC forum. It certainly interests me as I’ve only spent 30 years thinking about it.

Trying to draw conclusions or develop insights that can be applied to the demise of Man U or Tottenham seems logically justified.

If it bores you shitless, I can’t help you really. I try to discuss things that appear interesting. There’s plenty written on here that I find tedious but I don’t see the point of complaining.

As for agreeing to disagree, Steveo has said he doesn’t care, which is different. I doubt it will last - he certainly does seem to care to me. And anyway, agreeing to disagree is a nonsensical stance to take in my opinion. There are plenty of polite ways out of this discussion but he isn’t interested in taking them. Saying he doesn’t care is more like a huff than a truce.

If all this makes you uncomfortable then I am willing to leave the forum. I don’t wish to make anyone’s life a misery. But there is nothing insincere or irrelevant about the discussions I take up. I actually enjoy trying to construct an argument - that’s why I write.

I can’t get through all of nineteenx’s posts on tactics but I just skim over some of them. I think he adds plenty of value on here. Complaining to him because they are too much for me would seem a bit miserly.

Don't leave the forum Taksin!
    I just don't get this thread or the others with similar titles.
    I won't be visiting them anymore.
    You are of course entitled to post away to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Our demise was going from the greatest team in history to winning next to nothing for 30 years. I would have thought that was an interesting topic on an LFC forum. It certainly interests me as I’ve only spent 30 years thinking about it.

Trying to draw conclusions or develop insights that can be applied to the demise of Man U or Tottenham seems logically justified.
    A pretty neat summation of why I find monitoring what United are up to quite interesting - it's not to do with being obsessed with them specifically, moreso just that there are a lot of similarities - if it had been Norwich who dominated for two decades I'd spend a lot of time in the "demise of Norwich City" thread.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

You should not ever think of leaving Taksin, you are an excellent addition to this Forum. You construct a very well thought out and eloquent argument and the fact I don’t always agree with you is precisely the reason I wouldn’t want you leaving, so please don’t.

Exactly the same goes for Steveo, though he hasn’t offered to fall on his sword as far as I am aware.

what is the point in all this shite honestly

who cares, no need to argue about such silly things!!!

everyone is allowed to say what they think, that's what makes going on here interesting, and the personalities of different people, it's good people aren't a sheep !!

Sometimes people clash and there's a big debate afterwards, but we're all LFC fans, and I don't get the point of "point scoring" tbh, not going to lie i've basically skimmed over the last few pages and thought what a load of tripe, no disrespect to either of you, just my opinion I couldn't care less, but once again my own opinion- which is why I stay out of it.

But why argue and care so much over spurs stadium, or arsenal etc? there's more things to life

I have enough drama with british politics, or laughing at southgate or well being angry, if I need more drama, well there's always the soaps and stupid arsehats in real life! (Luckily I tend to avoid those so called "friends" these days, now i've grown up)

had enough drama in the last 2 years to last me a lifetime though, I don't see the point in it tbh, I think if you need drama on a forum (not saying either of you do, or anyone does BTW!!) then obviously things are lacking IRL, and you need to make life more interesting, that's not aimed at ANYONE before I cause a riot.

I'm not sure about anyone else but I go on here to talk about football, say my opinion discuss thing's don't like it? cool, everyone is different- also I like to have a rant, so I get things off my chest, rightly or wrongly, which can come across very strong sometimes

P.S firmino is shit, god bless, goodnight. and I've never seen a player go downhill as fast, maybe torres, but you can't be out of form for a year and a half ++++ apart from some good games, it's simply not good enough, maybe if you're west fucking brom.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 21st June 2021 at 12:54 AM.

Nice one Kev..

Everyone should indeed be allowed to say what they think and it is a load of tripe ( now a gourmet food ) because it is 2 opposing views which after exhaustive reasoning will seemingly never change.

This is where ‘agree to disagree’ becomes so useful.

I do find the suffering of those who have to bear it all quite amusing though.

I personally much prefer talking about football - be it the hugely over hyped assist stat or the poor finishing ability we see more and more of.

It is just an online forum however so we can expect the subject matter to vary wildly.

Cheers, Miller
    I enjoy it for the most part, just don’t want to ruin anyone else’s fun. The question of whether the club is well run or badly run is not exactly going away. It’s a live topic. To be honest, I don’t understand why more people don’t get involved. We must all have some thoughts on the matter.
    I interjected this time because fiiordearg had made a simple point that I thought was uncontroversial. Biting my tongue is one option but I figure ideas are there to be debated, especially firm ideas.