Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: The sad demise of Tot Ten Ham Hotspur

Deep down Mourinho is a Chelsea man.

Has he gone into Mu and Spurs with a plan ?

Reminds me of the time Harry Redknapp went from Portsmouth to Southampton and the saints were relegated and then he retuned back to Portsmouth. Some guy came on 606 and called "arry" agent harry and that he deliberately got Southampton relegated.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Deep down Mourinho is a Chelsea man.

Has he gone into Mu and Spurs with a plan ?
    If the plan is Operation Destroy Rivals then I don't believe so whatsoever. He likes winning too much, but the game has changed and he lost something in Madrid.

If the plan was to flatter to deceive so as to get a bumper contract, meaning a club has to pay out his contract and thus he can give less than his all, then I could believe that - he absolutely rinsed United for money and yet still has a high-paying job. When he retires he will be beyond comfortable.

I don’t want to jinx it but I think the fallout with Poch ( who I feared would stay and fulfil the potential ) and appointment of the self titled ‘Special One’ may have been the hammer blow ( or the bummer ) leading to the straw breaking the Camels’ back.

Long term though - Levi has created the foundation for them to rise to very lofty heights. London based - with a huge turn over generation potential ( stadium ) and media darlings, they are well placed to capitalise should the next Poch be unearthed.

Long may their forlorn situation continue..
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th July 2020 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The biggest case of "missed the boat" ever. They should have spent after the Leicester title,they were primed for a golden spell and fucked it right up by being hesitant and overall tight in the transfer market.
    I've said for years now their team is missing that stardust. Aside from Kane theres no world class players. Maybe Alderweireld but probably not now, they dont have that difference maker in the side and their chance has well and truly gone.
    Huge mistake bringing in Mourinho too. He was not the man they needed.
    Last season they were more desperate than we were for that CL. It would have hurt us but Klopp would still be there and we'd have dusted ourselves off and got on with it. With Spurs you really felt it was all or nothing. Their fans must be devastated watching what's happening.
    After we lost to Madrid, Klopp made a statement "this isn't the end of the journey, it's the beginning". When we beat Tottenham you felt that it was the end of the journey for them.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    After we lost to Madrid, Klopp made a statement "this isn't the end of the journey, it's the beginning". When we beat Tottenham you felt that it was the end of the journey for them.
    Totally. In truth they probably never got over not winning the league title the season Leicester won it. It was there for the taking and even after that the post season was their chance to go all out. They were ahead of Utd,Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool. Only City were going to compete if they'd got it right. They've paid the price for it now as it's a long way back for them.

Saw the last 20-ish minutes (so from the 82' onwards). They were poo. The Cherries should have won.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

If kane was that good, he'd help carry the team and they'd be doing better, I say they have better than what gerrard did around him at least a few seasons.

He's over-rated good player yes, but greenwood will take his place in englands starting 11.

Never really seen spurs as a "big club" every now and again they show some promise, and some hope of actually going somewhere, all for it to come crashing down.

Will be interesting to see leeds in the prem next season, that'll be a juicy fixture. (off-topic but not worth making a new thread about)

Kane is a world class when it comes to scoring goals. I don't think hes the best technically. So a lot of attacks break down on the counter..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    If kane was that good, he'd help carry the team and they'd be doing better, I say they have better than what gerrard did around him at least a few seasons.

He's over-rated good player yes, but greenwood will take his place in englands starting 11.

Never really seen spurs as a "big club" every now and again they show some promise, and some hope of actually going somewhere, all for it to come crashing down.

Will be interesting to see leeds in the prem next season, that'll be a juicy fixture. (off-topic but not worth making a new thread about)
    Traditionally
    Arsenal (70s double / 2000s)
    Spurs (60s double)
    Chelsea ( nothing til 2005)

Then
    West Ham. QPR .
    Fulham. Charlton

Chelsea today are probably the number 1 club in London

Sours and Arsenal are in a mess

West Ham are West Ham.