Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The sad demise of Tot Ten Ham Hotspur

FYI

Arsenal FC had been owned by Bracewell-Smith and Hill-Wood until 2007. Why was the club unable to win a bean for 20 years before George Graham rocked up? Poor owners? Same owners who witnessed Graham - then a lull and then Wenger who was amazing for a time before - before losing a good degree of control as Kroenke came in. Well documented.

This same argument works for United and Ferguson. Was it the owners at United driving the success? God knows when he came in in 1986 he looked awful - but they stuck by him to be fair.. and look what happened - so maybe they do deserve a huge pat on the back BUT we know who was the greatest factor in their success right?

The owners are obviously key and can ruin any managers chances BUT unless they have a top manager it will not get them the success. This is clearly shown time and again across Europe and the Premier League.

It is so pronounced that sometimes a club with dreadful owners - like we had 2007-2010 can reach a Champions League Final and be on the verge of a title - while being ranked number 1 club in Europe.

It is possible for this to happen because management of the team is absolutely the number 1 factor. How else do certain managers replicate success across multiple clubs. Look at Klopp - Jose - Ferguson - Capello - Ancelotti to name some we may all know who have replicated success.

https://thefootballlovers.com/top-10-football-managers-with-the-most-trophies-and-titles/

This brings it back to the original point - the claim that Arsenal have been handicapped by the Emirates.

One can only assume that handicap falls into the category of lack of available funds. So then IF that is indeed the case HOW have Arsenal spent almost 3 times what we have on players in the last 5 years?

Here is the Transfer spend for each club over the last 5 years - you can look gross or Net and fill yer boots.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

And again Taksin - you refuse to engage on all evidence provided of success following a move to a bigger newer stadium.

And refuse to engage on all evidence of managers who have replicated success at multiple clubs or who have achieved success across multiple owners. Or why clubs have one owner for ages and have periods of success and periods of demise.

Both of these require your attention before you can step any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And again Taksin - you refuse to engage on all evidence provided of success following a move to a bigger newer stadium.
    Go back to my last post and recognise that you have got lost in response to fiordearg's post. You are having a different argument to the one that we we were.

I've never argued against some kind of general principle that moving to a bigger stadium leads to success.

And refuse to engage on all evidence of managers who have replicated success at multiple clubs or who have achieved success across multiple owners. Or why clubs have one owner for ages and have periods of success and periods of demise.
    Not true. This topic interests me. I find your blatherings on the subject sometimes interesting, which is why I sometimes respond. I don't think your conclusions are either accurate or water-tight. Plenty of room to pull apart your syllogisms. I shall respond later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Go back to my last post and recognise that you have got lost in response to fiordearg's post. You are having a different argument to the one that we we were.

I've never argued against some kind of general principle that moving to a bigger stadium leads to success.

Well in that case WTF are we talking about? This is why it feels like you are trying to score points on something totally different.

I simply asked if the original comment was fair and provided what I think was a pretty sound challenge to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Not true. This topic interests me. I find your blatherings on the subject sometimes interesting, which is why I sometimes respond. I don't think your conclusions are either accurate or water-tight. Plenty of room to pull apart your syllogisms. I shall respond later on.

This was a football forum last time I checked not the Yalta Conference dude… and

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Nice one Kev0909!

Are there conspiracy theories that Kane isn't at his best at the Euro in the hope of lowering his price tag to get his move and if not, why not?

The owners are obviously key
    Just reread your post and found this. No need for any further argument

Now just the question of why you won't credit FSG for being the key to our recent success

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Nice one Kev0909!
    I thought it was appropriate