Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021

2020/2021

So Jürgen is Manager of the Year (what a shock) and the lads are back at Melwood for the first day of pre season and that must be a huge advantage over City and Utd in our race to retain the title.
    Despite our lack of a Lovren replacement as yet or a genuine front 3 back up, I am very confident of back to back titles. Don’t see anyone ready to properly challenge us, though Utd and Chelsea will be better. The window is open for a while yet and I imagine Utd and Chelsea will spend to improve but they’ll need time to bed in and they were so far behind us, I can’t see them bridging the gap.

So I’m seeing the rest of the top four being really tight next season with City, Utd and Chelsea finishing in any order you like but I’m going for....

Liverpool

City
    Utd
    Chelsea

Arsenal to finish 5th

Going down

Palace
    West Brom
    Fulham

Really looking forward to it already. Come you Red men ‘Ave it !!!
    "I am the Normal One."

Is it not 2020/2021 next season ?
    Leader of all..master of none..

I can't see us being this lucky with our injuries for another season. We won't break the 90 points I recon, but I'm not sure what the others will do. The Agüero injury has swayed me a bit so I'll go:

LFC - 89
    MCFC - 88
    CFC - 79
    MUFC - 76
    AFC - 72
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Ahhhh bollocks was distracted by my 12 year old demanding attention

Can you change a thread title? Don’t think you can can you?
    What a dork

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Ahhhh bollocks was distracted by my 12 year old demanding attention
    No worries miller, dogs can be like that in their old age.

And I think only a mod can change the title of a thread. Maybe r4l is lurking about?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Dont worry we will the league then as well

Any way, If we get can back to a solid foundation at the back again..And Fabinho back in form in front of the back 4. he was starting to show form before the season ended.. it took him a while to over come a really nasty ankle injury, which is understandable
    That will be a huge positive. Because further forward you always fancy us to score goals. Hopefully our midfield will chip in with more next season. The likes of Keita could get double figures and Oxlade if they have good seasons.
    We need to keep hold of Wijnaldum. and i'm sure the club his agent and him will come to some agreement.
    Leader of all..master of none..

The boys are back in town… Well, Austria.

All the familiar faces plus a few that we haven’t seen for a while; Brewster, Grujic and a big blond lad I don’t recognise (22), probably a keeper.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/405480-training-photos-liverpool-kick-off-pre-season-work-in-austria

Edit; it’s bloody Karius
    Last edited by southernboy; 15th August 2020 at 09:10 PM.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Anything less than retaining our league title, reclaiming our Champions League crown and landing the FA Cup aswell will be unacceptable

We need to work harder than ever now on progressing and developing our players and our play and take our game and dominance to even greater levels. Next season we must aim to be unbeaten in all competitions all season, winning each next game one at a time
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Anything less than retaining our league title, reclaiming our Champions League crown and landing the FA Cup aswell will be unacceptable
    Did you beat Milner in the pre-season lactate test or something?

The idea of anything less than the Treble being unacceptable is a bit mad

If we get off to a good start I believe we can win the League again. But even if crowds are allowed back, it will be in a limited capacity. We aren't going to have a FULL Anfield for a while and that will make a difference undoubtedly, probably moreso in Europe than the League. This lack of a Twelfth Man will be felt, no question.

If we break the 90-point barrier for a 3rd season in a row that would be incredible, as I don't think that has been done before(?)

Looking forward to seeing more of some of our younger lads as well. Hopefully we get a few purple patches within the season where all 3 of Mane, Salah and Firmino hit form at the same time.