Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Thiago, the man who makes gaps appear

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Because every other midfielder we have has had their very best games in a 3 with Hendo and Gini and Thiago's a class player
    So Klopp could start that midfield against Everton, if it's that good it shouldn't matter who plays at the back, they will be well protected right ? They are all fit and available.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Thiago has shown nothing as of yet to automatically start ahead of fabinho with everyone fit.
    Fabinho has shown absolutely nothing neat the form that so many of you rate him so highly for since he returned from injury, Henderson played better and the team played better and evolved in his absence, Fab took the shirt, he got injured, Hendo came back in at CM and raised the bar, higher than Fab had ever set it, better distribution, better pressing and counter pressing, better organising, leading and influencing all the other players around him, developed it into a fluid midfield 3 which was much harder to set up to counter against, more goals, more assists, more passes before the assist that made the assist, more big chances created.

All of that having happened, Fab never should have come straight back in when fit, because the lad who took and had the shirt did better, just as Fab did better than Hendo when he first took the shirt, you can't have it both ways

Edit: And unlike you lot, I wasn't crying about it, Fab did come in and do better and he had the shirt and rightly so that's how it's supposed to be, when he got found out a bit for the things I've said he does wrong, Hendo had to be brought back in at RCM and then when Fab got injured he came back into the centre and raised the bar higher, he worked his bollocks off to improve the elements of his game Fab had been brought in for being better at, to be better than Fab, all I'm asking, well, demanding is that Fab do the fucking same, that's how it should always be and he hasn't
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 17th February 2021 at 10:51 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    So Klopp could start that midfield against Everton, if it's that good it shouldn't matter who plays at the back, they will be well protected right ? They are all fit and available.
    I'd like to see that, big difference to playing that 3 as we're playing at the moment and playing it when we're at our best and all the pressing and counter pressing including from the forwards and 2 full backs is as finely honed, tuned and as in sync as Henderson had it last season prior to Fab coming back in

On current form I’d like to see Gini at 6, ably assisted by Hendo and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    On current form I’d like to see Gini at 6, ably assisted by Hendo and Jones.
    My main reason for wanting to see Thiago with Hendo and Gini, involves trying to get that passing going and having Hendo's passing along with it and the need to do something or try something different with Bobby, try him running those 2 or 3 players who will be looking to crowd him out into an area left of right with his running off the ball and laying it off first time and trying to open the gaps a little for Thiago to try and pick the outside in runs from Mo and Mane taking 4 or 5 opposition players out of the game as we know he can

Thiago needs time for me, he’s trying too hard to impress so fails to do the simple thing when it’s necessary and he’s often way out of position because he is still getting to grips with what is required of him.
    He may end up a world beater at Anfield but I don’t think he’s ready. Been terrible so far

He's no Steven Gerrard.

Another shocker today.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Another shocker today.
    Even with Hendo and Fabinho fit I don't see him bringing anything to our game. A decent player but we've seen it all before.

He doesn’t do anything Gini can’t do better.