Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Thiago, the man who makes gaps appear

Didnt he go off injured in 7-0 against Palace?
    And woild you include that in our best games of the last 3 years?
    We were lucky not to be 3-0 down at half time.

I guess this will sound like a bashing or him a scapegoat.

At the start of the season we were hoping;

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

As the midfield 3.

Has it been used yet ?
    I m not sure.

The first moments of Thiago he was pinging the ball about like I've never seen.

Now he is just making the simple ball ; sideways.

Confidence of the team doesn't help.
    Plus injuries.
    But with Gini at CDM Thiago sits there too.
    But as a 6 does Thiago have defensively what Fabinho has and as does Gini and Hendo.

Really disappointed in Thiago.
    Yellow cards
    No goals
    No assists.

Obviously a world class player.
    But him in the centre midfield the pressing game of the team is very reduced with Thiago in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

As the midfield 3.

Has it been used yet ?
    I m not sure.

Plus injuries.
    But as a 6 does Thiago have defensively what Fabinho has and as does Gini and Hendo.

Yellow cards
    No goals
    No assists.

But him in the centre midfield the pressing game of the team is very reduced with Thiago in it.
    And he’s not even hitting the passes with conviction.

Thiago has played with Fabinho/Hendo once in the away derby.

You know the game we completely bossed.

Im going with Klopp in that he says we not see the best of Thiago this season and we wont.

If after the first ten games he is poor then we may have an issue but give hin his due he has probably played more games for us then Keita has in 3 years !

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

As the midfield 3.

Has it been used yet ?
    I m not sure.

Plus injuries.

Yellow cards
    No goals
    No assists.

I was hoping for Gini Hendo Thiago as all our other midfielders best performances have all come playing with Gini and Hendo, including Fab

The pressing game is a who we've not got in defence and Hendo and Gini not being in midfield issue, the last 2 seasons we played a very high risk game with our high press and it was reliant on having Virgil and Matip or Virgil and Gomez in defence
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Timing is everything in life, and ever since he's came into the squad we've been awful.
    Obviously not all his fault but it doesn't look good on him.

Does the thread title need changing to Thiago the man who makes gaps disappear

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    Does the thread title need changing to Thiago the man who makes gaps disappear
    I could create a thread with almost the same title for another player, only the gaps he makes appear are for the opposition

The simple matter is, the way we are playing, blocks the lines for him to make the kind of passes that made him renouned as world class and saw him win 9 league titles and 2 Champions League trophies in 11 years with 2 different clubs

Can he be asked to be more direct at time, play the switches and attempted balls over the top we've been missing through Hendo's absence from midfield, Absolutely

Given how teams swamping Bobby with 2 or 3 players is making him ineffectual AND blocking the lines for the kind of passing Thiago is renouned for, can we do more and use Bobby a little differently to change that dynamic? Absolutely

Wrong player, for all Steveo's belittling of the quality of the more direct balls Hendo was spraying around at will last season, it seems very apparent Thiago doesn't have those balls in his locker at all, as he's been trying to play them and be more direct the last few games without any success whatsoever

What we needed in the summer was a Fabian Ruiz type, and to evolve our full backs play, Thiago's the player to add after that step of evolution, when your play and movement has developed that little bit more and is a lot cuter, there was never anything, apart from Bobby on the odd occasion, smart or clever or cute about how we played, we were just very direct and very fucking good at it, We needed to add a more creative midfielder or two in every sense of the term who could play our press and add the type of killer balls, goals, crosses and assists Bacon Face provides for City and we were supposed to get from Keita, evolve naturally with that or with a couple more midfielders like that, THEN add a Thiago

Thiago's a metronome midfielder who can suddenly pick that pass to find that more creative midfielder or forward (our forwards aren't creative forwards either) between the lines and all of the finely developed greater variation of movement and ability to play through sides quickly and directly all clicks together around the point in which he has found that more creative midfielder or forward

OK since he's returned to the team we've been dogshite at home. 5 losses in a row!