Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Thiago, the man who makes gaps appear

Picking up a few yellows at the moment, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Picking up a few yellows at the moment, isn't he?
    I think that is because he is playing in a midfield that is missing two vital players, although Gini has been very tenacious recently. Curtis had a great game last night, but he is still a bit hot and cold sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think that is because he is playing in a midfield that is missing two vital players, although Gini has been very tenacious recently. Curtis had a great game last night, but he is still a bit hot and cold sometimes.
    How is the fact that 2 people are missing got to do with him picking up yellow cards, and his form in general ?. He is supposed to be a great player in his own right, or that's what people are saying about him. I hope he doesn't become another Lovren or Matip who only improved when someone decent came in, because up to now he isn't cutting it.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

If the midfield isn't functioning to its best level then that midfield is going to be under more pressure.
    I would reserve judgement until we've seen him playing in something remotely resembling our strongest team. The structure is all over the place at the moment. The dynamism of the whole system is fucked, from back to front.

There is one thing that all our midfielders playing at their highest levels and having their best games for the club have in common, all of them, every single one of them, have come playing in a midfield 3 with Hendo and Gini, Thiago hasn't had the chance to play with those 2 in midfield even once

People talk a lot about our midfield, but they miss this key point and underrate both those players and their importance quite dramatically
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If the midfield isn't functioning to its best level then that midfield is going to be under more pressure.
    I would reserve judgement until we've seen him playing in something remotely resembling our strongest team. The structure is all over the place at the moment. The dynamism of the whole system is fucked, from back to front.
    Don't worry about SKyebo, most other people see that making stupid comparisons on how players are performing right now with other players performances in our best 11 when everything else behind alongside and in front of them was functioning at its very highest levels is just plain ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Don't worry about SKyebo, most other people see that making stupid comparisons on how players are performing right now with other players performances in our best 11 when everything else behind alongside and in front of them was functioning at its very highest levels is just plain ridiculous
    What makes you think that a midfield 3 of Henderson Thiago and Wijnaldum is the best one ? You've already said they haven't yet played together, you are just speculating nothing more. In any case, Wijnaldum is unlikely to be here next season, so what happens then, do we give Thiago another 20 games to get used to someone else?. I would rather give some of the youngsters more time to settle in, than someone of Thiago's reputation. And you're right, you don't need to worry about me, i have my opinions and don't follow a crowd. I'm sure you ain't bothered that few people agree with you about Fabinho. Keita, another player who came with high hopes has been getting stick for most of his time here, from me too. I don't see why Thiago should get a free ride. I'm not alone on this one either.
    Last edited by skyebo; 17th February 2021 at 09:14 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

He seems good at making gaps appear in our team at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    What makes you think that a midfield 3 of Henderson Thiago and Wijnaldum is the best one ?
    Because every other midfielder we have has had their very best games in a 3 with Hendo and Gini and Thiago's a class player

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Because every other midfielder we have has had their very best games in a 3 with Hendo and Gini and Thiago's a class player
    the real answer

Because i'm a douche who doesn't rate title /champions league winning fabinho when he bossed the midfield, for us to win by so much and we clearly miss him in midfield but obviously he's still shite because I know my stuff, I'm 19x who trains infront of mirrors

Thiago has shown nothing as of yet to automatically start ahead of fabinho with everyone fit, I don't see how wij is much better in a lot of games either.

Next season is henderson thiago and fabinho for me, rather have a stevie g in there somewhere, for goals from midfield so we wouldn't have to rely on salah but yeah.

Truth is with fabinho in midfield, with henderson / wij we bossed games, we wasn't easily got at, controlled em

only player that's actually scored some screamers too from midfield is mainly Fabinho... so there's that too, and he to on many occasions played some lovely balls over the top that led to goals.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 17th February 2021 at 10:13 PM.