Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Thiago, the man who makes gaps appear

Diogo Jota?

Thjiagggggooo Thiago Alacantra
    To Cuba Gibson Brothers

Thanks for that....It will be in my head all day now....lol.....

What's happened?
    From world class toty to getting slaughtered?

He’s had a tough introduction. Derby v the BS - injured . Comes back into a side with one or 2 centre mids at centre back.

Next season when we see the best of him, full healthy squad and probably a couple of new midfield additions. His tackling is rash but some of the criticism is way off. Not too harsh on here though.
    He'll come good,

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He’s had a tough introduction. Derby v the BS - injured . Comes back into a side with one or 2 centre mids at centre back.
    Yep. Got to agree.

I didn't think he'd fit when signed. My description of him was a 'bits and pieces' player. Whilst I still don't think he's the second of christ, he's certainly a better player than he's showing. But we can say that of any of our squad at the moment.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

In my opinion he is trying to be to cute,we know his passing abilities are amazing but he rarely passes simple, they are bouncy Curly ones which are hard to read and even harder to control.
    He should have took over that game yesterday and just passed and moved draw fouls suck less experienced players who most opposition are and be the player he is.
    The tackling and rashness in his game is a stick to beat him with, as we know these refs like nothing more than putting stars in there place.
    Europe will suit him but he will targeted just the same. Recycle play keep the ball stretch the shit outta teams.

Like all the players currently getting bashed regularly, we'll see the best of them when we're back to full strength and playing a settled side using the same 14-15 players for most games

Thiago's really not the kind of player we need for PTB teams to be honest, that's not his best ability, his best ability is picking those passes that take 3 or 4 opposition players out of the game in matches in which both sides are playing football and being the metronome in keeping possession really well before springing such passes in games we're ahead in

I think he has to adapt and do things quicker, play more direct and not overplay in certain types of games, he has the passing to connect our forwards runs early and needs to start doing that

Fabian Ruiz, his international team mate is definitely more of a player for PTB teams, hugely experienced in numerous midfield and forward positions, great at switches, passing, shooting and set pieces and for me the ideal player to compliment what we already have, especially if Gini's allowed to leave

Ruiz's ability to make the play and be direct from numerous areas of the pitch was why we always found games against Napoli so tough
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Hmmmm let's think a second here..........

We have a player who can make gaps appear but struggles against PTB sides

We have a playmaker forward who is crowded out by 2 or 3 opposition players everytime he gets the ball and can't get turned to make the play, even moreso against PTB sides

We have 2 of Europes best forwards who are both excellent at outside in runs we struggle to get service to with any time a space against PTB sides

Is it maybe, just maybe possible our playmaker forward can run those 2 or 3 opposition players into areas left or right and play passes into him off first time wide, square or central to Thiago creating the gaps for him to exploit to either forward making outside in runs who in turn could possibly find each other or our playmaker forward having spun and made a forward run after popping the ball off first time?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”