Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Thiago, the man who makes gaps appear

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's the only midfielder we have other than Hendo who will try and play it in to the forwards as quickly as possible, different kind of passing, doesn't have switches or balls over the top, but tries to play through balls and balls into feet he follows into our forwards quickly

It's no surprise or coincidence our very best midfield performances of the last 2 seasons all featured the same 3 players, Gini Hendo and Keita, Keita's more direct approach on the deck with Hendo's aerial switches and balls over the top is a combo of threatening and testing the opposition defence only they can bring
    What games were they ?

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Thiago will be Gini's replacement. The two of them are so similar. Too much sameness at the moment in midfield.

Hendo in midfield might have helped, but that's not going to be possible for weeks.

It's a sad state of affairs when Naby coming into the side could make a big difference.
    The midfield is simply awful in terms of creativity and it has been for months. Three workmanlike players constantly regardless of who is in, there is zero creativity in there and thats our biggest problem right now. Teams are more than happy to give us the ball as we simply aren't a threat anymore.
    I never thought I'd be happy to advocate Keita starting games but right now I'd like to see anything different its so desperate. We are just continuing to do the same things and expecting a different result.
    Souness is bang on when he says we are an easy touch.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    What games were they ?
    This will be a gem I'm sure.
    Our best midfield games have been with a guy in there who we can literally count on one hand the good games he's had in 3 seasons.
    Fucks sake.

Our best midfield has been Fabhino Henderson Wijnaldum.. Fk knows what position Thiago will play. Hes not a DM hes to weak to play in a 2 and hes not an attacking midfielder. So ive no idea where he fits in.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    This will be a gem I'm sure.
    Our best midfield games have been with a guy in there who we can literally count on one hand the good games he's had in 3 seasons.
    Fucks sake.
    I've just had a look and we hammered Utd at Anfield last season with Hendo, Gini and Ox.
    Did we ever have a best XI ? It was always about momentum either us whoever came in.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The midfield is simply awful in terms of creativity and it has been for months. Three workmanlike players constantly regardless of who is in, there is zero creativity in there and thats our biggest problem right now. Teams are more than happy to give us the ball as we simply aren't a threat anymore.
    I never thought I'd be happy to advocate Keita starting games but right now I'd like to see anything different its so desperate. We are just continuing to do the same things and expecting a different result.
    Souness is bang on when he says we are an easy touch.
    Why do you Kev and others hold this grossly misplaced belief Fab coming back into midfield would change that? He's got the least creative ability of all of them

How is it going to solve our lack of creativity or moreso getting the ball forward early, playing it or at least attempting to when it's on and give us the switches and attempted balls over the top to mix things up we've been missing so desperately?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I've just had a look and we hammered Utd at Anfield last season with Hendo, Gini and Ox.
    Did we ever have a best XI ? It was always about momentum either us whoever came in.
    Our best midfield the last 2 seasons has always been Hendo Gini and another and been at its very best with Hendo at CM and a fluid interchanging 3

Our best midfield the last 2 seasons has always been Hendo Gini and another and been at its very best with Hendo at CM and a fluid interchanging 3
    so what games were they with Kieta in it ?

Why do you Kev and others hold this grossly misplaced belief Fab coming back into midfield would change that? He's got the least creative ability of all of them

How is it going to solve our lack of creativity or moreso getting the ball forward early, playing it or at least attempting to when it's on and give us the switches and attempted balls over the top to mix things up we've been missing so desperately?
    I've never once said that.
    Hes obviously not the one for creativity. I just think he's our best DM and with him back in there and Hendo at RCM we would be way better but that's not going to happen this season at all so we have to use what we have which is currently a 3 of either Jones,Thiago,Gini or Milner. Literally nothing there in terms of creativity.
    Theres Ox and Keita. 2 players I've got less time for than you have for Fabinho.
    I've always thought previously that when Keita starts our midfield dynamic loses something, Gini and Milner give us that solidity but it has no guile.
    I'd start Keita if he's available next game but I wouldn't have my hopes up. I'd just rather we tried something different as what we are currently doing is not bringing is anything. If we do get something from a game its Salah who is usually getting it for us, nobody else is contributing.

What games were they ?
    There are only 6 or 7 because of Naby's injuries i'm not going to look all of them up, off the top of my head the 2 that immediately spring to mind,, best performances last season and this 4-0 v Leicester on boxing day and 7-0 v Palace this, the first being widely regarded as one of our best ever, almost perfect displays under Jurgen