Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Jota

I think he'll be on the bench for the game this evening. And not a minute too soon.

Illness ... ?

Yes illness, Jurgen very hopeful he'll be available for Chelsea, said he expects Alisson and Fabinho to be available for that game too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Needs a couple of goals v Fulham and I'm confident he won't disappoint, he has been hugely hyped for his handful of appearances and needs to repay that and live up to it by delivering goals on a consistent basis for the rest of the season, starting tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Needs a couple of goals v Fulham and I'm confident he won't disappoint, he has been hugely hyped for his handful of appearances and needs to repay that and live up to it by delivering goals on a consistent basis for the rest of the season, starting tomorrow
    There's a few lads who need a goal. Firmino and Mane the obvious ones. Robertson doesn't necessarily need a goal, but by God, he could do with getting one of these shots of his on target.

Keita and Ox are both players that could use a belting performance, be it a start or from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    There's a few lads who need a goal. Firmino and Mane the obvious ones. Robertson doesn't necessarily need a goal, but by God, he could do with getting one of these shots of his on target.

Keita and Ox are both players that could use a belting performance, be it a start or from the bench.
    Robbo could do with our LFWD getting back to playing at LFWD, making the runs in behind, to go in behind or bring the ball down in front of the defender while he makes a simultaneous well timed run off the back of the midfield and can receive the ball in time and space to consider his ball in and to be stopped being played as a left winger

Great volley in today's game, some good link play in a 2 with Salah, disappointing on the left again when moved there for me, not sure why we didn't put Mane on the left and keep jota centre, his movements great and he'll make those runs through a defence camped on the edge of their area for Trent and Robbo to aim for, whereas Bobby rarely makes them or times them like Jota and Mo and Mane don't make those runs through the centre like Jota, they always look for it to feet and get crowded out, which Bobby does too much of too

Nothing about today’s set up and performance worked, absolutely nothing

Got an great assist in the end, but otherwise stank the place out totally tonight, missing an open goal when it was easier to score too, plus a couple more golden opportunities, it'll come, maybe a brace v Wolves

Trick now is to keep what was brilliant tonight, lower line, LCM and RCM being switched on to cover Fabs forays forward and him understanding he can't go if they're both ahead of him, play our way into games bide our time, and keep looking forward and in interviews as well, not getting drawn into the last 5 or 6 games, insisting that were always only looking forward and can't affect what's already gone and focusing on each next game

Main thing for me is to keep him fit and to re-ignite his killer instinct for April.

The Champion's League is a strange Beast of a tournament and sometimes it's one really clinical half of Football that can win you a two-legged tie. Jota tore Atalanta apart and a fit-and-firing Diogo could be the difference between progression and not.