Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Jota

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    felt sorry for him tongiht in a way
    Needs to work a lot harder and be prepared to do the hard yards like all our best players, look at the work Mane and Mo get through, I felt for him tonight because he got into perfect positions to be released with the switch balls Henderson and Thiago play so brilliantly to totally beat any attempted opposition press at least 15 times and Jurgen had opted to play a midfield in which not one player is capable of playing those switch balls, so it took us 3 to 4 passes to get the ball to him there every time instead, by which time his clever movement and the position he was initially in had been completely wasted

That was a big part of the problem tonight as it was at the end of last season, which is why I was so made up we signed Thaigo, the press and counter press were absolute shite, but Villa pressed us successfully and broke on us so many times because we had no midfielder in the line up capable of playing those balls that destroy attempted opposition presses and Jurgen opted not to change either of those things with his half time or other subs for whatever reason only he knows
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jota worked very hard.. You musta been watching another game..from what i saw,he had some chances and he wanted to many touches when he should have shot.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I know its early days but he does look a better option technically than Origi. Time will tell if he scores enough goals.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Like him, needs to be quickly brought up to speed with the pressing, counter pressing and tracking back required of a Liverpool forward because he was a very long way short of the required standard in that tonight and a hell of a long way short of Mane's personal levels at this who he came in for
    Here for 7 days , so yeah he should already be at Mané's level.
    But for Mané being out he would be serving 3 months on the bench learning the liverpool and klopp way.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Here for 7 days , so yeah he should already be at Mané's level.
    But for Mané being out he would be serving 3 months on the bench learning the liverpool and klopp way.
    Lolz - he'll play loads this season imo - early days but he looks like the only front 3 option who ticks the boxes.

Winner winner chicken dinner

Go on my son !!

Fucking brilliant! !

3 goals in his first 3 Home games, first to do that since Garcia.

Also love that he doesn't look unlike Nando facially, evokes a sense of nostalgia for me

Sincerely though, great finisher - and just on the mention of Nando, Torres was 23 when he joined us and Jota is joining a more settled side/club - we only got 3 and a half years of Torres before he moved on, but surely hardly anyone could lure Jota away from us and he already looks very promising given our set-up.

Hard not to get a LITTLE excited. Hope he can achieve his full potential with us and stay a long time.

A good start to his Anfield career. I'll take it.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Nice to have a firmino replacement