Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Jota

Looks like a Klopp player, the transfer committee strike again !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Nice to have a firmino replacement
    He's not... he never will be, but he is genuine competition for once.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's not... he never will be, but he is genuine competition for once.
    He should be

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    He should be
    He's a different type of player. There's a reason he's used on the wing when he comes on and not through the middle. I see no reason to think he could do what Bobby does.

Minamino was meant to be Bobby's long(ish) term replacement but he's been... rather terrible thus far.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

If he carries on scoring like this.He will make Salahs record seem like bollocks.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If he carries on scoring like this.He will make Salahs record seem like bollocks.
    Steady on mate 😃😃

:d :d
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Steady on mate ����
    Where's Grumpy when you need him? He'd have jumped at the chance to proclaim CC said Origi > Suarez... I sometimes miss him.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I think because of the need for rotation Jota will start in time and get starts, I think at present playing the 433 with as many of the regular 11 that won us the Champions League, Premier League, CWC and Super Cup makes perfect sense because we know how successful that is with those players and we need to get it firing at it's highest levels again and we need the opportunity to try our best system with the best personnel to date with Thiago and Hendo in the 3 man midfield also.

At the moment, using that 433 with those players and introducing Jota and Shaq a little later when teams are dropping off even more and tiring a little and fatiguing from having to focus so intently to try and stop the starting 11 seems to be working a treat

I was made up when we signed Jota, quality player, Wolves best attacker last season and he's simply a brilliant addition, we must remember that because of the sheer number of games we will need to do some rest and rotation of the front 3, this season it is pretty much unavoidable, which is a pain because after a few games with Thiago and Hendo in the midfield 3 I'd like to see Jota given a few starts either side of the midfield 3 to see how that works also
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Where's Grumpy when you need him? He'd have jumped at the chance to proclaim CC said Origi > Suarez... I sometimes miss him.
    Not talking about the old arsey Yosemite Sam are you?