Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Jota

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's a different type of player. There's a reason he's used on the wing when he comes on and not through the middle. I see no reason to think he could do what Bobby does.

Minamino was meant to be Bobby's long(ish) term replacement but he's been... rather terrible thus far.
    Nope jota can do what firmino does well, scores goals init

teams we won't control posession much at all sure firmino, but anything else Jota

games like today firmino is useless in his form he works hard, can assist and finds the net, why can't he play there?

Jota's never played through the middle, has he? Klopp would never put him there ahead of Salah and Manč.

I can see Jota, Mo and Sadio as a front three, just can't imagine why Jota would play through the middle.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Jota's never played through the middle, has he? Klopp would never put him there ahead of Salah and Manč.

I can see Jota, Mo and Sadio as a front three, just can't imagine why Jota would play through the middle.
    Well if he never has a go, he'll never play through the middle!

Position --------------- games - goals - assists
    Left Winger ----------123 ---- 35 ------- 18
    Second Striker ----- 44 ------ 13 ------- 12
    Centre-Forward ---- 40 ------18 -------- 9
    Right Winger---------- 7 -------- 4 ---------1
    Attacking Midfield-- 2 ------- 0 -------- 0

https://www.transfermarkt.com/diogo-jota/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/340950/saison/ges/pos/14
    His games as a CF according to Transfermarkt, at wolves essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    It's a moot point anyway, Jurgen's been tinkering, it's clear as the light of day that despite starting the season absolutely on fire and having been simply brilliant at LFWD and inside LFWD for the past 3 seasons, Jurgen has moved Mane's position.

The last 3 games Mane has been playing incredibly central, when Jota's coming on at LFWD the way Jurgen's moved Mane's position of course it's going to work better, we're going back to the shape we play at our best, Mane being central fucks up the dynamics of everything, when Jota's coming on at LFWD, Mane's position isn't changing, he's not moving from LFWD to CFWD because he's not playing at LFWD in the first place
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just looked at his club statistics.

72 goals in 222 games is a pretty excellent record. He can do great things for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    True! And apparently he has, as CC points out, so what the fuck do I know?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

If Jota plays there in place of Bobby and Jurgen's still fucking about with Mane's position and moving him from LFWD/inside LFWD to playing centrally for 90% of the game, I doubt it will change anything, there'll be less space for Jota and he will be as easily crowded out as Bobby has been and if he gets turned or facing goal, it's still going to be ridiculously congested in the centre and the channels to try and squeeze any pass through are still going to be ridiculously narrow

Jurgen needs to have a word with himself, he's creating a lot of our problems we're currently experiencing by asking Mane to play centrally
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Best thing about Diogo..???
    You watch Salah and Mane pick up their game......
    As long as Klopp can keep the competition healthy!..

What is that two handed little hand gesture he makes when he scores.? It looks like a letter Pi from the Greek alphabet. ?