Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Thread: Jota

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    What is that two handed little hand gesture he makes when he scores.? It looks like a letter Pi from the Greek alphabet. ?
    I thought it was a goal frame
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

ok. maybe I was overthinking it!

ok. maybe I was overthinking it!
    I like your reasoning better Farid.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

What is that two handed little hand gesture he makes when he scores.? It looks like a letter Pi from the Greek alphabet. ?
    No idea. I still haven't found out what that letter A thing is that Barkley and Grealish did in the game against us. Seen it done by a few players. Must be a young persons thing.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No idea. I still haven't found out what that letter A thing is that Barkley and Grealish did in the game against us. Seen it done by a few players. Must be a young persons thing.
    Ive seen Owen Farrell do it for England rugby team for years I think it was for a kid who was ill.

No idea what those two pratts are doing it for.

Where do people think Jota's signing and performances leave Minamino? I feel a bit for Minamino as he's not a false 9 at Salzburg RFWD was his best position, he does need to find that directness and extra yard of pace he had in both games against us when he gets opportunities, he's behind Jota, Shaq and even Origi for me now, he's never looked remotely like the RFWD who gave Robbo a torrid time we were all excited to have signed since he arrived
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It leaves him exactly where he was - floundering to replace Bobby. Jota is the long term replacement for Manč / Salah, Taki is Bobby's.

Firmino still has a few years left in his legs thankfully since Taki's looked way of the mark every time he's set foot on the pitch.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    It leaves him exactly where he was - floundering to replace Bobby. Jota is the long term replacement for Manč / Salah, Taki is Bobby's.

Firmino still has a few years left in his legs thankfully since Taki's looked way of the mark every time he's set foot on the pitch.
    My question mark amongst many over Minamino and Jota at false 9 is the physicality the role requires, especially in the league, also the pressing and counter pressing and tracking back, it's also one less physical presence at corners at either end when we're already missing Virgil

Playing wide on either flank is very different from playing false 9, receiving it under pressure with 4 players swarming around you, to get the very best from Thiago we'll need a player at false 9 who can receive it to give him back, making an immediate run to open up a route for a pass

Minamino doesn't get the chance to get any consistency as he's in for one game, then gets left out for the next few. No-one can be consistent on those terms.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Minamino doesn't get the chance to get any consistency as he's in for one game, then gets left out for the next few. No-one can be consistent on those terms.
    He always looks like the over enthusiastic kid